Can Animals Have Down Syndrome?

@Pigglies (9340)
Or basically, can animals be born with an extra chromosome? Other than humans that is. Where I volunteer with a marine mammal rehab, there is an elephant seal that has the most interesting shaped head. And he seems really slow, even for an elephant seal. There was one before that had that same head shape, and she was also really slow. It took her forever to get released because teaching her to fish was next to impossible. It almost seems like some form of mental retardation for seals or something. It's one of the weirdest things I've seen while volunteering.
I would have to say yes they can. I think this can occur in all animals not just with us. It's probably not as noticeable maybe with other animals though.
@Pigglies (9340)
I agree that it's probably not usually noticeable in animals as much. Maybe in the wild they'd usually be killed somehow for it, but especially in pets I don't think it would easily be noticed.
Thanks for best response :) That's a good point. I bet in the wild they are killed off probably at birth even. As I'm sure you know it's not uncommon for animal moms to kill their young if they are 'weak' or unhealthy in anyway.
Yeah, there are faults in each animal. A lot of these faults or mutations can be good too, and lead to a better species through evolution. But anyways, I have seen a lot of domestic pets, like dogs and cats, with mental retardation.