The heaviest snowfall in the recent 100 years in China.Your longest walking ?

@gabbana (1815)
China
I will never forget the day March 4th,2007. It snowed heavily, and my city had not experienced such heavy for over 100 years. I am lucky to experience the whole process. I started my walk from 2.00pm. at first i thought i could find a taxi, but gradually, i realized that was absolutely impossible. All kinds of vehicles halted in the middle of streets and all drivers had to walk home leaving their cars in there and fetch their cars the next day or the day after the next. All public buses were halted by the snow. and I walked in the snow since it kept snowing and blowing heavy wind till midnight. SIX AND A HALF hours later, i was able to walk home. Gee! East or west, home is best!!!!
@Barb42 (4216)
I love snow. But I never want to get caught in a snow storm and have to walk home! Here, it might be a very long walk! We had one of those snows in 1993 and I came home from our apartment in Tennessee and was snowed in by myself for 6 days! There was no getting out since we didn't own a 4 wheel drive vehicle. Thank goodness I had plenty of food and drinks in the house. I was out of power for less than 24 hours, but others in our community were out for about 6 days. I think we had about 19 inches and it was cold enough that it stayed for a long time. I can imagine how you felt, never having seen that heavy of a snow in your life time. I've seen several in mine, but that was the first time I had been snowed in.
@gabbana (1815)
what an exhilerating experience we had !!! though it was tough during the snowfall, but it is worth recalling in the rest of our lives. thanks for reply and have fun here.