What do you think happens after we die?

In the movie Flatliners, medical students took turns stopping each other's hearts to give them a chance to experience what happens after death. After a few minutes, they resuscitated the metaphysical traveller who told the others what he or she saw. The reason for pursuing such a dangerous experiment was explained by the med student who thought it up in the first place: "What happens after death? Mankind deserves an answer. Philosophy failed; religion failed. Now it's up to the physical sciences." What do you think happens to people after they die? do they really go to heaven or they are reincarnated?
@piasabird (1737)
I think that when you die you cease to exist. I'm not sure I believe in a heaven or hell or any kind of a hereafter. I think we die and that's it. Over and done for.
hai, i am just curious of your thought .. kindly share with me .. why do you think we exist in the first place ?
@umart13 (841)
Hello slavezero, I think that after we die our souls go through a long dark tunnel and approach a white light. This part I have already experienced. What happens after that is not entirely clear to me, but I do get the feeling that our souls come back to Earth and take up life in other people or other living things. I think Indian beliefs would extend that to inanimate objects like rocks and stones. Then at the end of the world we are all taken up to Heaven to be at one with our God. All the best. Umart
@bieke81 (1069)
• Belgium
I do believe we will be reincarnated until we have learned all the lessons we need to learn. Sometimes it will take just a few lives, other souls will need more lifes to learn everything they need. [b] have a nice day[/b]
@reckon21 (3487)
When we die we are no longer existing here in this world or in other dimensions. We reduce to nothing. Sad but it's true. But no one really knows what lies ahead in the deep darkness that awaits us when we die. Just hope that it's really good out there.
In my opinion human body consists of a divine spirit,which resides in a body.but slowly as time passes the body starts growing old and finally the body perishes,but the spirit still exists as young as it was the day the body was born.
@zhaosonghan (1039)
Remembering all scenes in my life,and a man will lead good people to heaven,and lead bad one to hell,you will see the people who had passed away again.It's just my mind
@lizardus (22)
I don't believe that we will reincarnated after we die. But i always believed that there are 2 places 4 us 2 live after we die: hell or heaven. It all depend on our effort.
@lazeebee (5468)
Hi, I don't really think about this, you know. Well, I think when I die, most likely my soul/spirit'd float around a bit; try to see if it can fly higher, then take a look at my loved ones and commit their faces to my fast fading memory....and maybe just disappear totally!
this is just a comment - i believe in reincarnation, first of all .. what is happening in this life has a link to our past life. every living being has a soul ~ including the plants. every sin is paid in this life. every good deed is rewarded in this life. a human form is of higher position, and in there we are also subdivided into positions .. a person of high religious consciousness will tend to see the path to heaven. a person with immoral characters may be reincarnated to be thought a lesson. in this life i have gone through a lot of hard times, maybe it was due to my past karma, so i havee become a better person now, i practice charity and prayers in hope that in future life i will have better times i repeat do not be offended this is just my opinion
@4aps777 (1528)
i belieave you either go to heaven or hell
@chrislotz (8203)
And so can you tell us what the scientists figured out. Did it say in the study you are talking about, what happened to them? I do believe in God and think that we go to heaven but I really don't know for sure and I don't think anyone can know for sure. I don't believe that we will come back as some one else and even if we did, we wouldn't know it at the time. The only problem I have with heaven and hell is that I don't want to go to heaven if people who were really bad and repented, can go. Just because, say a child molester, says I'm sorry doesn't mean that he is good and should go to heaven. Or some murderer says I'm sorry and all if okay and he gets to go to heaven too. I just don't want to be with those people, if that is how it works. Alrighty then, talk to you later my friend, Your friend Chris
I don't believe in reincarnation. I believe there is a Heaven and a Hell. But that is what I believe. When we die we leave behind this earth and this earthly body and we either go to Heaven or we go to Hell. Some people believe you are reincarnated and I have even heard some people say they believe that when you die, you just start over your life again.
@Cannonball (3635)
• France
Well if we listen to the religious it would be something like dat yeah like finding all our old buddies and family and have fun again eternally or if we've been a naughty human we'll pay some stuffs in hell which well to me sounds kinda strange. So it could be this or if its not like dat we would go back right from the place we come from which mean NOTHINGNESS. Haha this concept is a bit hard to accept doesn't it? I mean beyond the fact that we don't wanna die and stay on earth having how can we think nothingness? Well to me its still impossible and I suppose thats why humans created religion coz the concept of nothingness is just so much unacceptable. So people like to be sure of whats gonna happen so they create some kind of concept like dat just to be able to be sure of whats going on,even if it has to be blind concept...
@ElicBxn (60895)
That is really an excellent question, and I don't know. I hope there is a heaven, I know if there is that there are animals there. Why? Well, animals have what amounts to an animal soul, its innocent in the extent it can be. After all, animals didn't sin and fall the way mankind did - they meerly suffer from the effects that mankind's fall has on them. This is assuming that the Jewish/Christian world view is correct...
It is impossible to know, so of course, everyone seems to have an answer. :) For myself, I must admit, what happens when we die is a mystery. Life's last and greatest mystery. I like to imagine that there is a good and loving God and that he has a plan for us after we die. I choose to accept the mythology of Heaven. I am not sure about the mythology of Hell.
That movie is good. I will still believe that after I die, I will go to heaven. I will have another life there with infinite happiness. It is better to believe than to think of negative things that might happen.
@cdparazo (5768)
I don't really believe now that we are reincarnated but rather, we just move on to higher plane or form of consciousness. After we die, I believe, we no longer suffer the limitations imposed by our corporeal bodies but we just expand and become part of a greater consciousness.
en , It's hard to say .heihei.body will be disappear. may be reborn as a new baby. may be there is nothing after we die. i think love our life when we live. there is no worry about after we lie. we should love our parents , friends , animalsand all things. when we lie , there is nothing to regret in our life.
@fec139 (803)
I think about this a lot because I have ALS, which is a terminal illness. I fight to stay alive because I think the world is going through such exciting changes. I am so not ready to leave. I am hoping that dying doesn't mean I have to leave and stop existing. I hope there is some kind of afterlife because I want to be a part of the world, if only as an observer. AND I would love the opportunity to live again and learn from the mistakes I made in this life!!
@savypat (20246)
What I think is that we are all energy and when we get tech. that can measure and define that we will know that the basic rules of physics rules us all. That no engery ever disapears it just changes. As for our bodies, well they are orgainc and go the way of all organic, they decay and are used by other life forms. LOL