Does anyone read the Faqs and guidelines?

Be honest, this isn't a bashing discussion, I am just curious to see how many take the time to read those. I am the type when I first start any new site, it's the very first thing I do, sometimes if possible I read them before I even join. But that's just me. So do you read them and if so when and if not why not? No wrong or right answers, just opinions so be honest, I won't bite you. [b] Thanks in advance. I read all but may not reply to all.[/b]
@poona_m (336)
I make it a point to visit the FAQs and the guidelines every once in a while on mylot. I have come to know the guidelines go slight modifications every now and then as the administrators find something wrong with the way rules are being bent. I am glad the administrators are showing interest in making sure the users do not cross the limit. And I believe its our responsibility to be aware about the guidelines on any site that we are part of so that we do not happen to violate any terms of services.
That is how I feel for myself, that's it's my responsibility to find and read the guidelines for any site. I mean they did put them there for me to read, and many site won't accept any excuse for you breaking the rules including you didn't know. Thanks for sharing
@myklj999 (17004)
I read then when I first started, and I go through them a few times a month just in case anything has been revised. I think what bothers me most is people I see that violate the guidelines all the time, even after you have posted to them that they should read them. I try to help others here; if I see a new user doing something wrong, I'll politely tell them and supply the link to the guidelines and tell them they should look them over. Many thank me, and all is fine. But others, no matter how many times you try to help, just will not read them or just won't follow them, I'm not sure which it is.
Oh I use to do that to everyone I seen, but I stopped. I kept getting those that not only refused to read them, but would attack me for saying anything! So I understand what you are saying, I also read them from time to time just to be sure nothing has changed.