Don't you think I've tried that? Why else would I be contacting you?

United Kingdom
I'm talking about those places that give "advice". I have been in touch with a few for various reasons, many of them suggest doing things I've already done before they can help. The latest one has just really irritated me though. I had contacted them regarding money I was owed, it said on the website to contact whomever owed the money first so, even if I had been stupid enough not to have done that in the first place, the information was there telling me to do it. (Plus something about being able to read some leaflet at the office of the debtor - which there probably isn't but I couldn't know because we've never been to the office) Anyway, as I had already contacted whomever owed the money, I got in touch with the ombudsman. Guess what they said? That's it "we suggest you contact name and address and deal directly with them and that I should only get in touch with this ombudsman if no satisfactory conclusion was made after exhausting the company's own procedures. Now, firstly, the company has no procedures, secondly, it is the "top dog" in the company who is responsible for the situation. Why do these "advice" companies "advise" people to do things they have obviously already done? Is it just another case of "you must be stupid because you're in this situation" attitude?
@dorypanda (1586)
I've had the same problem, only it was with the local council and the citizens advice bureau. It's quite annoying when they say, you should contact the person or persons involved, then treat you like you're a child and have't got two brain cells to rub together. Home 2 Let should really have sorted this out for you by now anyway, it's not good enough that they appear to be trying to steal your money!
@dorypanda (1586)
Whoops! I appear to have named the company and I can't delete it. Oh dear.
Oh that is such a shame. It was more for my own anonymity why I didn't name them. Still, people from a company like that wouldn't be on a site like this I shouldn't think.