Do you grown your own vegetables in your garden?

I want to grown my own vegetables. My mother and grandmother used to always have a garden in the summer and winter. That is what I want to do. I guess people still have small gardens or at least I am going to have one in my yard. We rent so I don't want to have a real big garden in case we should have to move for some reason. What kinds of things can I grow in the winter besides turnip greens and collard greens? I am not really a gardner but with our money situation like it is I need all the help I can get?
@bbsr13 (4198)
Hello,Jane! Gardening is my hobby.I grow some vegetables in my kitchen garden.My favorite vegetables are pumpkin,beans,ladies finger,tomato,brinjal which I grow in my garden.Besides I have some fruit bearing trees like mango,guava,pomegranate,papaya and plantain.Daily I spend one hour in the garden for watering and cleaning.gardening is a good exercise.thanx.
Thank you for your response. I am going to try to grow me a garden this winter and see how it goes. My mother used to always have a garden all year long.