Longest travel? bus... train... car...plane?

Groovy Bus - isn't this a cute bus!
I was visting a "then" boyfriend who was stationed in Bangor Maine. I was in NY an hour from the city. I didn't want to drive the 8 hours ... so I took the bus. They had to take me south - to the city up to boston then to bangor. All this took 18 hours. What was your longest travel?
@wolfie34 (26793)
18 hours on a bus? Ouch! I admire your stamina, I certainly couldn't travel on a bus for that amount of time, I think the maximum for me would be an hour and a half and then I would get too restless and fidgety. The longest travel I have done is only 4.5 hours on a plane from London to Cyprus and that was enough, I hate sitting for long durations and get uncomfortable quickly, I just want to get there I hate all the travelling inbetween and it's so boring on a plane, at least with the bus you get to see the scenery.
Yeah .. scenery and smelly, snoring people falling asleep on you. THe one rider had to go from NY to Boston which was 4 hours. Since it was overnight ... he decided to catch some z's. Well he fell asleep, plopped his noggin right on my shoulder. I was on a caffine high because 1. I was going to see my boyfriend oooh swoon... and 2. I was relatively young traveling by myself. So I stayed awake almost thru the whole trip - plus the stench that was coming off that man could choke a small horse. If I'd ever have another long distance trip... I much rather drive. Perhaps walk. :D On a flight you get cocktail nuts and a movie - I haven't been on a plane in a long time but the last time the pilot gave me wings too! SO I much rather have taken a plane -- get a gift!
My longest travel is when I went to Cairo. It took me 17 hours to reach the destination by air plane. I was seated in an Economy Class and it was crowded at that time. There was nothing much I could do while waiting for the plane to reach Cairo. What I did was watch a movie but after a while I was distracted because the quality of sound was not very good. Later I listened to the radio but the channels did not provide pop songs. They only provided us with Arabic songs which I couldn't understand. After that because I got bored I went to sleep. After a while the steward woke me up and I ate my meals. Soon afterwards I went to sleep again. I thought if the eating and sleeping condition continued several more times, I would get fat without any doubt. Lol!
@myklj999 (16720)
Well, I attampted to hitchhike out to California this past May to a Sammy Hagar concert. I didn't make it, but it took me six days of travel to get as far as I did and then turn around and come back.