Will you let your parent stay in a HOME FOR THE AGED when they grow OLD?

@zhaychel (610)
United Arab Emirates
My parents are still young, they're in their mid 40's but it always come into my mind what if they grew old, what will happen to them. My answers to these questions I know were already been answered long long time ago as I was growing up. I will never let go of my parents. I will buy them a house next to me or near with me so I can take good care of them. I will never let them be taken cared of in an institution. They're my family who took care of me and mold me to be the person I am right now. There might be some people who let go of their parents and pay people to attend to their parents need but I think its very pitiful for them because they don't really value the love and care their parents give to them. SAD! ^^,
@teshavill (278)
Like you,I would always want to take care of my parents or be with them even if I have my own family,it's not only because of gratitude for molding me the person I am now but primarily because of I love them so dearly.We have the so called strong family ties here in our place and we know most of us here would really want to take care of their parents too but in other places definitely some have different situations why they have to let their parents be taken care of by an institution.I cant say they do not love their parents,as i've said they have lots of different reasons and situations.
@zhaychel (610)
• United Arab Emirates
Hope there would still be people like us who have a close family tie..^^,
i have watched a documentary(it's 'KALYE' i think or maybe 'CORRESPONDENTS'..) it's about Lolos and Lolas that are living at street sides begging for money from the people passing or begging for food from karenderyas..it was like tearing my heart apart knowing that it's occurring in the Philippines..it's so sad know that some filipinos can really abandon their parents or grandparents..T_T ..i can't help but cry everytime i remember that.
@se7enthbird (8328)
i would leave that to my parents to decide. then me and my sibblings will talk about it. i have my family to take care of. my wife has a single sister and she lives with my wife's mom so they dont have any problems regarding that. my mom lives with my sister but they dont share a house. she lives at a different door. she looks at my mom who lives with a maid and she is the one buying what my mom needs. we share all the expenses. if my mom decides that she wants to live in a home for the aged then i think we will let her do that. we will give her what she wants as long as it would make her happy and as long as we can give it to her.
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
No, it is not part of our culture to leave our parents to other people's care otherwise the best thing to do is to take a personal nurse to take good care of the old person if cannot manage but unless it is still in our own house and our own supervision in any time of the day......
@tryxiness (4548)
I will not allow my parents to be brought in a home for the aged. I want to take good care of them when they are old. If ever, I will be very busy with work, I will pay someone to tend them inside my house. And if I already have a family of my own, I want my kids to know how I love my parents by showing them that parents regardless of age shall be given enough care and love.
@kun2349 (23475)
I will not let them stay in the HOME FOR THE AGE.. I will still wanna stay together with them, except that it will be in a bigger house ^_^ BEcause they are the ones whom had taken good care of me since young till now and till the future.. SO now it's my responsibility to take good care of them.. Even if i'm married, i will still wanna live with them, and if my future wife were to object, i will rather give her up than my parents..
I agree with you. When my mother is old and wrinkly I'm not going to send her away I'll buy her a house that's next to me and that's it or she'll live with me. She's taken care of me for so long and I think it's only fair that I return the favor when she is old and can't take care of herself anymore.
@arcidy (5016)
Well I know that my mom is taking care of her mother which shes in her 90's and shes living with us and she loves it. But it all depends if I could take care of my parents when there older and im not busy all the time or I can trust them to stay alone then I would glady do it and repay them back for taking care of me now.