wheelchair repair update number 3

@cripfemme (7715)
As myLotters know, I've had quite a time with my new chair. First, it sparked and then they said I was neglecting it. I was fully prepared for a long road ahead with Medicaid and having to go to tons of appeal hearings to get them to do the right thing. Therefore, imagine my surprise today when I got another notice from my insurance company saying that they would pay for the necessary repairs. As I was totally confused at this point, I called my wheelchair repairman and asked if he knew what was going on. Apparently, Western MA had been sent a bad batch of chairs. About 5 other people had the same problem I did. There were 9 chairs in the whole lot that were sent here, and only four people hadn’t had any problems as of yet but they recalled their chairs anyway. One of the broken chairs apparently belonged to a teenager. I’m glad he wasn’t hurt. I’m glad no one was or the wheelchair company would be in much more trouble now.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I am sooo happy for you!! At least they found out there was more. The wheelchair company should be paying for the repairs, not your insurance company.