Are you cutting back this christmas due to the economy?

@mikeysmom (2092)
we are seriously cutting back and not using any credit cards. if we cannot come up with the cash we are not buying. we made sure we got what my son asked for from santa and have cut way back on gifts to others. in this economy we are barely keeping our heads above water as it is never mind frivolous gift spending. so how are you going to handle christmas this year?
@maddysmommy (16236)
Definitely cutting back. We are not using credit cards eithers and if we don't have the cash, then we don't buy it. I've done most of our Christmas shopping already through my sons school fundraising activities and stuff and only have a couple more to buy. Waiting on bigger bargains and sales. I'm going to look into learning how to make things next year like scrapbooks, knitting or crocheting things to cut costs even further. As long as my son is covered then we will be fine!