Do you think that tags really help,proof needed ,not sentiment .

@ronnyb (6119)
Jamaica
I know they say that tags increases the chance of you discussion being seen during a search ( I think).However I have been looking at it and I am beginning to think it may be a waste of time and I should just press skip and move on to the next discussion or responses ,something I am more certain of. What I would like to find out is if someone has any experimental evidence that tags work and that this is not just urban legend or anecdote but tried tested and proven. Anyone can prove this?
@myklj999 (26405)
• Olney, Illinois
You can prove it yourself by doing a search with the search bar at the top of the page. What more proof do you need?
@myklj999 (26405)
• Olney, Illinois
For instance, if you do a tag search using the tag you supplied here, nothing comes up. That proves it doesn't work, right? What more proof do you need?
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
lol you have a point but how many persons actually use search
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
but how effective are your tags and how effcetive is the search algorithim mylot uses
@TheAgent (221)
Tags are supposed to make your site or writing show up in searches, but as we all see that is not the case here. I think for mylot purposes, tags are a waste of time. But don't quit on tags for other sites like ehow or any blogs you may have. They do serve a purpose. Good luck everyone.
@ronnyb (6119)
• Jamaica
Ill try to daopt your approach even though you know what my views on the subject are.
@baileycows (3669)
First, I don't know that anyone can prove anything on mylot. LOL! Who knows what they do here. Anyway I am like you it just waste of time for me. I used to do it all the time and I didn't notice an increase in my pay so I just stopped.
@myklj999 (26405)
• Olney, Illinois
Of course it doesn't increase your pay. Where would you get an idea like that?
@rvangeld (334)
I am not sure about if it is really true or not. I just always choose skip anyway, because I feel that it is a waste of time, like you said.
@aisaellis22 (6449)
Hello ronnyb! I do believe that no mylot members can prove to you about this tags thing. I myself doesn't know anything about it. I just put one sentence when I tag and I don't think there's wrong with it. It's only a few seconds anyway.