about curling

@Leykon (438)
This is a little about the game of curling for those that have never seen or heard of it. The game is played by 2 teams of 4 players ,each throwing 2 rocks which weigh about 45 lbs each. the curling ice is an area of ice 145 t0 150 feet long and about 15 feet wide.there are painted rings at both ends. A good site to go to to read more about the game is http;//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/curling Hope this will give you a better understanding of the game,right now we have the tourniment of hearts on which is all the provinces competing to go to the world
@JoyfulOne (6243)
Thanks for explaining all that! I have watched curling on tv before, I thought it was interesting and looked like a lot of fun. One thing I did wonder if how much those rocks weighed. Looking at them when they're playing, there sure have a lot of grace on those skates! I'm sure while it looks fairly easy, there must really be an art and a knack to it. I think it's the tournament of hearts that I watched last year because it wasn't just Canadians playing, there were other countries involved. I'll have to go and check out the wiki page, I'd like to learn more of the history of the game itself.
@Leykon (438)
The tournament of hearts is almost done and the winner will play in the worlds,Next week the men's teams (one from each province) start It is called the Brier. then the winner goes on to play in the men's worlds. It is a real game of strategie on ice.But they wear special shoes not skates I hope you read up on it and get to watch some of the games and give it a try if you get the chance. Thanks for commenting :-)