Which is a better Answer? Thanks

China
I come across an English question, could you pls show me which one is right? Thanks! My coat( ) there behind the door. Can't you see it? A.is hanged B.is hanging C.hangs D.has hung I think "b" and "c" r both right, but some other guy says it should be "d". Thanks.
The only incorrect one is A. All the others are fine, though it's unlikely anyone would actually say C or D. Option C is very 'literary' (people don't speak like that unless they're very posh or trying to be terribly polite!). Option D just sounds weird.
Thanks for yr good advice. And you mean B is the common way the native speaker express their ideas? D sounds wired, meaning strange? Can i catch you? Thanks!
Yes, B is the way most people would say it here in the UK. D sounds strange because it's in the past. A native speaker would probably say "was hung". It's hard to explain: using "has hung" is grammatically correct, but it makes the coat sound almost alive or incredibly important or something. I can't really explain why: it's just odd to a native speaker!!
Thanks a lot my Native English Teacher. What an excellent explanation you have given us. Thanks again!
@jiacky (191)
I think the right answer is A. It is the passive voice .
Thanks for yr answer. But i am afraid a is not right, though we can say that to a native engish speaker, and get it understood. But in a test paper, it is not right enough.
@jiacky (191)
I have thought for a time,If the answer A instead of "hanged" ,It should be right I think .do you agree ? the answer B is right I think !
I agree with you this time but i want to have a good explanation from native speaker. Let's wait and c.
I would choose A or B,But who know i might be wrong....I'm french
I think b is right. Not A. hung is the past participle of hang, meaning killed sb by a rope around their neck. Tht's it.
Il nous faut plus de francais(es) ici!
oui,tu as raison...lol
@ahslack (487)
Hi there,i think the answer is B,because when puting them together,it sounds very smooth unlike the other 3 choices.
Good explanation!
Good explanation! thanks.
@ahslack (487)
Thanks for the comment :D
@krupesh (2608)
Both B & C are correct. You alredy have an explanation for the answer B to be correct right? so according to me C is also correct. My coat hangs there behind the door, here it means that the coat is left alone unattended to for a very very long time.
Good ideas for it. Thanks a lot. And may i know whether (is being hunged) is used by native speakers? Thanks a lot.
@krupesh (2608)
Just for the sake of lengthy discussions please stop that.Dont ask questions for which you know the answers yourself.thx.
Come on. I am really not knowing the answer of the question. Believe it or not! So the question pops up all the time!
@CMTS_87 (1342)
I'll go letter B. For the most British will choose that letter!
@CMTS_87 (1342)
I'll go for letter B. For sure most of the British here will choose that letter. Haha! I will just correct myself. Hehe!
U have done a good job! And thanks for yur double correct answer!
Hey there! The best answers, for me, are either B and C. Have a nice day. Happy posting!!
Ditto here. Thanks a lot. Good Luck with u.
@ANTIQUELADY (36488)
i would say b is right. i think u could use c but i would say is hanging. you won!!
Thank for ur good support. And what about "is being hung"? Thnks!
@deleepkv (39)
I think b and c are correct.u have already got the explanation.
Thanks for yr support~ Many thanks!
The only correct one is C.Because "hang-hung-hung"is hang,and the others "hang-hanged-handed"is garrote.So I think the C is correct.
Thanks for yr answer, but i think B is more common. Good luck with yrself!
you guesses are the right ones LingoWang.(Ans)d is way far from the corect option.Gotcha? Have a nice day. Ritwik
what about "is being hung"? Idiomatic or not? Thnks.