suicide attempts

i've heard about a lot of suicide attempts and recently it has been increasing like haywire! and its illegal according to law for a person to attempt suicide and they will b tried by the court of law.. do u think that this is the right action to take or should they b sent for counseling first instead of prison?
@amoyube1980 (2233)
• Somalia
what? seriously!! send them to prison? I don't see how that can help them in anyway. For one thing that will be even more reson to kill yourself. People try to kill themselves because they no longer see any reason worth living. That's depression 101. What they need is emotional support and someone leading the ropes to see the meaning of life. Or at least a meaning to stay alive.
I definitely think they need some help but for some people that help is not counseling. I know so many friends who either just don't talk to their psychiatrists or lie to them - and then there are those who are on a million different anti-depressants and are still extremely depressed.
@shannon76 (1234)
For real? It is illegal? Yeah that makes perfect sense, send them to jail for trying to kill themselves. Because in prison, they have wonderful rehabilitation. I am sure they will get all the help they need........................