Dangerous Beauty

@Canellita (12058)
Today's second afternoon movie was Dangerous Beauty, an odd enough choice for Easter Sunday, but it followed behind Mona Lisa Smile. It is such an interesting portrait of a way of life that can be seen in either a negative or positive light depending on your perspective. Is is better to love someone you can never call husband and be forced to toil away in domesetic service because your father drank away your dowry, hoping one day your fortunes will change or would you rather give up the title of wife and have every other comfort and benefit of marriage?In Dangerous Beauty a woman becomes a courtesan because she and her family have little options in providing for themselves. The man she loves and who loves her has been forced into a political union. She soon discovers that life as a courtesan provides access to many freedoms and priveleges she would not have otherwise had as a mere wife. She becomes admired by some and hated by others and wields heavy political influence. Is she a heroine or a wh*re?
After reading your discussion i am also interested in seeing this movie. Now i see this today and if i like it hten i respond to you as well.
@Canellita (12058)
I hope you enjoy it!
@winterose (39917)
sounds like a very interesting movie, I never saw so I can't really comment on it though.