health, SARS, bird flu, swine flue

@stahir45 (103)
Pakistan
In response to one of my queries a couple of our myLot friends informed that Swine flu was similar to that of SARS which happened in China. Will they or some of our other myLot friends elaborate this further. Thanks
@rsa101 (14878)
• Quezon City, Philippines
The origin was quite bizarre as it is a combination of three different viruses. One coming from Bird flu strain and one from Swine flu and Human flu virus. The three joined forces to be able to infect human. I saw somewhere that the origins may come from a swine ingesting a poo from a bird with avian virus and then the pig coincidentally has a flu when he ingested it then his caretaker might have also have flu and transferred the mutated virus from the pig and then mutated again with human flu virus which became a new strain for flu virus for humans. The human that have this might have recovered from the disease but the virus that he made was the one that was the deadly virus which he could have spread from his family and contacts.
I heard that story too, and to me it sounds very impossible to have happened that way. I dont think they should be speculating. They should be isolating this germ, and figuring out where it started and how exactly it mutated. It continues to evolve, and is spreading rather rapidly. To the original poster SARS is sudden acute respiratory syndrome, it can refer to any number of symptoms that effect the respiratory tract. It too was highly contagious, and caused a great many illnesses before it was contained. It can not be the same strain of virus, as the strain is a completely new, evolving strain of the swine flu. I think they are so nervous because it is spreading so fast, and does not appear to just be by droplets such as cough or sneeze but by contact as well, such as touching a door knob someone infected touched. This makes it much more difficult to isolate and contain the illness. Since this is not flu season it will either die out, only to return in the late fall, or it will continue to evolve, and mutate becoming a super germ.
@rsa101 (14878)
• Quezon City, Philippines
One characteristic of a virus is it can easily mutate itself depending on the conditions that exist. Take for example the simple colds virus even though there are many anti cold virus medication it really does not cure the disease but only contains a medication to prevent further deterioration of symptoms but they really are not able to cure the virus itself over time. And in time it mutates into a much more stronger virus. I guess it is possible that the new strain got the right conditions for the cirus to mutate itself and become a new strain. The Avian flu virus or SARS just started its breakout suddenly without any warnings we were not expecting that the Bird flu would merge itself with the human virus but it did. Now here we are again a new strain and much deadlier.