I bought a GPS system today

I just bought a GPS system today, and I tried to use it to find the fast route home from work. It was working good, and I kinda like it. It has sound direction to guide me through all the route. It is pretty useful, and I might need it for my long distance trip to other states. Do you also get a GPS system too?
I love them. I do not have one personally but my daughter does so I use hers all the time. My husband was going to buy me one last year for Christmas but since my daughter has one and my sil right now is in Iraq I told him I didn't need one now. I told him he can get me a new one next Christmas.
@veromar (1457)
• Argentina
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS Do you understand the possible ramifications of owning a GPS? Personally, I'd never own one. I'm one of those who believe that "big brother" does indeed keep an eye on us. Read down toward the bottom of the bit on wiki.... You'll see one of the "uses" of GPS is tracking and surveillance. Of course, that's never promoted about the product. What we hear are the noted "benefits" of owning the product. "We know where you are and we can get you to where you need to go." How in the world did we ever get around before GPS and cell phones??!?!
Gps systems are amazing. I had bought my parents one back in November for their anniversary and it works wonders. We went all that way to Tennessee using it and on the way home. We went their for Christmas and we used the GPS system and it got us to exactly where we were supposed to be. If ever gong on a long trip more than 5 hours way from home i believe you should have one just so you don't get lost and have to get off of the road and stop your traveling to ask someone for directions.