Do u think that ppl should eat the fish they catch or just let them go?

United Arab Emirates
I like fish a lot..My favorite i must say..It happened last week when i go with my friends fishing...One of them cathed a huge salmon , everybody was excited , but i had a weird feeling.. i just asked him to let it go...would u do the same?...does it make a diference if u buy if from the market or catch it by urself???
@Trensue (5256)
I fish to eat. I am not sure that those that are released always live. I guess one would have to check and see what kind of damage was done. Although I am not a great fisherman - I eat what I catch and what my husband catches as well. I can not figure out how sitting right next to me he can catch more. There should be a law about that - well not a law, but a spousal rule!
LOL. I have the same problem. My husband catches all of them, and I sit there for nothing. Have you seen the Long John Silver's commercial, where the guy is on the pier with 20 poles and says "I want it all!"? Well, that is my Josh. LOL. When we go, I have one little pole, and he has a complete aresenal. He has this whole system. First, he puts the nightcrawler on the little pole with the little hook to catch the bait. Then, he has different size poles and hooks for the different size bait he has, and for the different size fish he is trying to catch. I just have to sit there and laugh at him. He is soooo serious about it.
@Trensue (5256)
This year when we went to purchase our fishing licences I asked if I could please pay less and get one just for fishing since I really do no catching. They were not amused.
@icesmile (7172)
Nooooo, i like fish to eat it..i never let it go...i can let go a chiken, a cow, all animals, but i will keep the fish, is my favorite food. Of course that i ll go to fishing, i will take just how much fish i need to eat, not more. Is a good sense rule. Don t catch to much, only how much you need it.
• United Arab Emirates
Hello Icesmile!well, i use to think the same but i don't know why i had such a weird feeling when looking at the fish they catched :(
@livewyre (2455)
If I went fishing and caught a cow, I would have to throw it back because I can't eat a whole cow! (whole-y cow!). On the other hand if I went fishing and caught a chicken I would be more than happy!
@noorhizat (209)
To me, fishing is part sport and part for food. If I catch the babies fishes I will try to let it go as safest as possible, so it will be able to grow and multiply. If it is a good plate size fish I will take it home for food. but if I have catches enough then all the rest after will be release back. That is what I do.
@livewyre (2455)
I have never fished, and the only circumstance in which I would be persuaded to fish is if we were going to eat the fish. Seems pointless to inflict all that discomfort on the fish if you are just going to throw the thing back in the water. I get it that it is man pitting his wits against nature, but I would have to taste the thing to get any pleasure out of the experience... As for shop-bought or caught, I don't know as I have never fished, but if I ever DID fish, I am sure I would be delighted to be eating my own catch. Would I do the same? No if someone I knew caught a salmon I would invite them right around for a BBQ
never understood fishing for sport. If you catch it and it is legal then you should be ready to eat it. Fresh fish is wonderful and so much better than anything you can get at the store. If you are uncomfortable with it though then I hope your friends made you feel comfortable about it. Some people just can't stand the thought and that is why we have stores, so it is ok.