Garlic bad for your health??? TOXIC????
May 29, 2009 10:16pm CST
I received an email the other day that blew me away. It talks about garlic being bad for you....a poison. It said:" The reason garlic is so toxic, the sulphone hydroxyl ionpenetrates the blood-brain barrier, just like DMSO, and is a specific poison for higher-life forms and brain cells. " I have never heard anythin like this before and I wanted to know if anyone else has heard this or can refute it?
• Cambridge, England
30 May 09
Garlic and onions are said to be toxic to cats and dogs: http://www.wisegeek.com/which-foods-are-toxic-to-cats-and-dogs.htm (among other pages found). It is also well known to be anathema to vampires. The source of the information seems to come from a lecture given by Dr Beck in 1996. A summary is here: http://www.karinya.com/garlic.htm I can't find any other substantiation for these claims in my searches, however. It seems that chefs are told not to let garlic near a cut (but this might be because any raw vegetable may contain bacteria which are harmful in the blood stream, though perfectly safe when eaten. Garlic is known to be a powerful antibiotic and the chemicals that it contains which are harmful to bacteria may have been thought to damage human cells as well. It seems that, on balance, the beneficial effects outweigh any possible harmful ones.
30 May 09
Well,sounds surprising to me.I frenquently take some gralic.It can terminate and contorl the bugs' activities in your stomach,as far as i known.I'll check the relevant materials later,and make it clear.Your post is a good alert if it is true. By the way,could you offer me some materials that supports the idea you mentioned?