its over

United States
August 12, 2009 1:51pm CST
please help how do you tell a your better half that you want to just be friends. when ya'll have been together forever 12year frm middle school out of college. he's all i know but thats the problem i want to live life by myself pls help find the words to let him go...thanks
2 responses
• Philippines
13 Aug 09
Hi there! That's a tough situation...But I think you should tell him simply that it is no longer healthy for the both of you to stay together or the love faded and things like that. As they say, "less said, best said". So, talk to him and go straight to the point. Tell him what you mean and leave. That would be the best thing to do. He may get angry or what in the first place but sooner or later, things will be settled between the two of you.
@vijayanths (7878)
• India
12 Aug 09
Mdghoston, I think it is easy to avoid a person than to keep him in your attraction. If your better is a decent man he would go away when you show your slightest dis satisfaction. Anyways I always will try my best to save a relationship than to let it go.