i m pissed with myself...plz help

August 25, 2009 3:20pm CST
I have a big problem, the problem is that i can't speak up in front of people other than my friends and family ...i don't know why i get scared of speaking in front of other people...i have never been able to express myself in proper way.. i really want a help from u guys.... i would be thankful to u...plz just give me some good suggestions...:) thank you..
3 responses
@rosdimy (3936)
• Malaysia
26 Aug 09
Many people practice in front of a mirror. It works for at least most of them. I know of a personal case where this person had a troubled upbringing. I do not know what he actually went through. All I know was he became sort of antisocial. He was unable to express himself in public. It was also very difficult for him to show any form of emotion. When he was in Scotland for further studies he realised that something had to change. So he practiced in front of a mirror, doing things that most of us take for granted, like talking, smiling, and laughing. It took him several months, with changes occurring slowly. Today he appears to be like a normal person, and happily married with three kids. Give it a try.
@mrbranan (1012)
• United States
25 Aug 09
There must be a reason why you can't. Are you scared that you will not be accepted by these people if you say what you think? I really think this is something you need to ask your self. Its not like their going to hurt you if you tell them what you think so speak up.
@Shawchert (1040)
• United States
25 Aug 09
I'm sorry to hear this but the only way you can figure this out is really on your own. Or some one will have to help you in person. Because you need to learn to stand up for yourself the real way, and over the internet is too easy to say whatever you want because you know that no one can actually hurt you, I know that because I tend to be much more brave on the net than I am in a real life situation. I can tell some people off but I don't like offending people. Anyway it's best to ask your friends for help for something like this.