What do you think about Ellen Degenerous being a judge on American Idol?

The announcement has been made that Ellen will be a judge on American Idol. Some people are ok with it and some people hate it because paulas not staying with American Idol. Some people are feeling that replacing Paula is wrong but the truth is they have to replace her with someone. They can't leave the spot open forever. I will miss Paula on American Idol as much as the next person. We should give Ellen a chance and see how she does. I wish her luck and hope she does well.
@stephcjh (32328)
I think they could not have chosen a better person for the job. It is going to be hilarious. I am especially looking forward to the auditions with Eleen being one of the judges. I am so ready to laugh.
@UmiNoor (3485)
Ellen is a talk show host. What does she know about music? All the other judges are involved in the music industry one way or another. How would Ellen fit into the picture? But it will be interesting to see what kind of input a non-music background celebrity will bring to American Idol. Maybe this is the kind of controversy that AI need to boost their ratings.
@marty3888 (2359)
That's the way I feel. I can't say I hate it, I'm just not sure why her. She's not involved in music like Paula. but we'll see. Maybe she 'll do OK.