Do you think our past determine our future?

We can't escape from our past, because it's already built in into the very building blocks of our human spirit. Sometimes we react to certain situation and make decisions based on our past experiences. Our fears comes from our past, in our childhood days, that nowadays still live and linger deep into our mind and heart. It's already imprinted into our subconscious mind as memory. Do you think that our past shaped our future, or on how we react on it?
@erikmama (12934)
I think it does to a point. There are certain things from the past that will never leave us and may end up haunting us. But I believe people can change so if you do not let it affext your future it doesn't have to...
@Pose123 (21671)
Hi careguarden, I believe that we create our own future by by our actions each day. It may not appear that way because others are often involved, however it is our decision as to how we react. Of course the things that happened our past will remain a big part of our future, but even more important is what we decide to do about it. Blessings.