No GPS on BlackBerrys?

Just out of curiousity, do you know if there are any BlackBerry apps for BlackBerry curves? I just got one, and although they supply you with a "maps" app, it really doesn't help on giving directions or preventing me from getting lost. . Do any of you experience the same trouble - having a Blackberry with no GPS? Or is there some way for me to get a GPS on this thing? Any help is appreciated!
@kaylachan (4778)
Depending on the phone, depeloper, carrier, etc. The GPS isn't an instant thing. Sometimes you have to turn it on for it to work. GPS that is always-on often will drain the battery much faster then a GPS that can be turned on or off. Check your phone's settings. That might be your problem. Most newer phones are designed like that.
@panjababu (226)
Sorry I don't have any experience in Blackberry phones.
@sk66rc (4264)
I used blackberry pearl 8120 for about 2 years, till about a month ago. I never really had a need for GPS, well, not on my phone anyway. I have one built into my car. I know some of the blackberries have gps built. You can actually get a gps receiver & connect it to your phone via bluetoth. There's a website that tells you about being able to hook up a smart phone or blackberry with no gps to a receiver. http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/btgps/
@rosekiss (30111)
• Eugene, Oregon
I don't have a Blackberry, but my son does, and I do think he has a GPS on is, but not sure. He has the first Blackberry Storm that came out, and it is a niec phone, so it is very possible. Since I don't know all that much about them, I can't really say which ones have it and which ones don't. I did have a Blackberry Curve at one time, and I don't think it had one either, in fact, I am sure it didn't. I guess they would be very handy but only certain ones have it. Take care, and happy mylotting.