Oscars 2010

The new Academy Awards is going to be on, LIVE, at 8:00pm EST, on Sunday, March 7th. I really love it when the oscars come on, and when I'm watching them, and someone I really love gets the award, I'm even standing up in front of my TV, clapping my hands, even if nobody can hear me. Who do you want to win the Oscars this year? I'm personally hoping that the Hurt Locker beats out Avatar, and that Inglorious Basterds wins for best Director, Original Screenplay, and Supporting Actor. I would really love to see District 9 win for special effects, but I bet that Avatar will get that, instead. So, who do you think will come out on top this weekend?
@portisray (503)
I would love for Sandra Bullock to win Best Actress award and Mo'nique for supporting actress... The Hurt Locker for me is a great movie but Avatar is a really great movie... For the best picture is Avatar...However, for best director, I like Kathryn Bigelow to win that award because she directed a film that is too serious and a sensitive theme that's hard to face for what's happening in the REAL world...
Mo'nique for best supporting actress, I agree with that 100%. Her performance in Precious was just legendary, pulling out all sides, all emotions, and really make you feel like it's real... she was so good, that you couldn't tell she was acting it out, and the things that her character went through were so messed up, that it's a difficult role to play. I don't see Avatar winning best picture, though, because it did have great special effects and it was really fun, but it was lacking in character development and story. Both were quite simple. You need a good, well rounded movie to get best picture. Just my idea.
I love the Oscars too but because here in the UK they are shown in the middle of the night due to the time difference it is hard to watch them, even more so that they are not shown on any of the free channels. I am hoping that The Hurt Locker gets Best Picture and director Kathryn Bigelow gets best director, despite the negativity which has happened in the last week over financiers Chartier’s illegal canvassing for votes. I think Avatar should and will get the special effects award but would hate it if it got best picture.
@amybrezik (2123)
I won't be able to watch the awards this weekend, because I don't have cable. I however, usually don't like the movies that are nominated. For example, I was not all the impressed with Inglorious Basterds. It was so hyped up that I was actually let down, and I love Quentin Tarentino. I usually watch the awards for the fashion. I love fashion design and love to watch any awards show that might give me some designing ideas. I hope your choices win! The only one I have seen is Inglorious Basterds so I don't have much to go on as far as who will come out on top.
i am confident with one award its go to be UP which is going to win the best animation movie . and i think the best supporting actor for male will go to the inglorious basterds to the one who acted as the governor in the movie (i forgot his name - he is nicknamed jew hunter in the movie ). and i think avatar will be bagging some large amount of awards especially in the technical side . sandra bullock may best actress for blind side . these are my expectations .