Who eats rice?

I do, since it's our staple food here in the country... But is it only Asian people who eat rice...? I haven't really seen other countries/people eat rice...but they do grow them, don't they? pardon my ignorance :D :D
@sallyj (1228)
I do. My husband doesn't care for it. I seem to feel better when I do. I'm from the US. I enjoy white rice.
if he doesn't eat rice what does he eat for supper then?
@sallyj (1228)
We eat a lot of vegetables. A lot of soup with little meat as our chloresteral is high. Goulash with out meat. Chili with no added meat. Spaghetti and such.
@cream97 (29179)
No, I am American and I eat rice normally. I don't eat it everyday, but it is generally included in my diet. I love rice. Many people from different heritages may eat rice to their likings.
oh.. i thought americans don't eat rice...sorry
Hi,there.I eat rice everyday.Actually,in south of China ,almost all the peson are used to eat rice everyday cause we feed on rice.So you are in Philippinese?I don't know whether rice is your staple food or not.But I guess it's yes ,right?
yeah..it's also our staple food here..we eat rice 2 or 3 times a day
I eat rice. Yeah, as an Asian, it's like our necessity in every meal. I actually don't like having rice always but my parents insists that I should have rice in my every meal, well, it makes makes me fat.
@besthope44 (12146)
Well i take rice and i cannot be without it. I believe the majority of Asians take it. Even am not aware of other countries. I believe they do grow, but comparitively less i hope. I like to have rice as food and sweet dish.
@saphrina (31744)
• South Africa
Maybe once a week. But then i prefer brown wild rice It has more taste. TATA.
@imajoker (121)
• Finland
hi there! i eat rice lmost every week. its good and healthy. i don't live in india i live in europe, but i love rice. i think people eat rice everwhere in the world. Am i right? thank you for your discussion nd have a wonderful day!
@airakumar (1556)
Well, I like rice and eat it as well as my family. Rice is arguably the world's most important food. It is the second most widely cultivated cereal in the world, after wheat. Rice is quickly becoming one of my favorite things in the world. I've always enjoyed it for dinner, but increasingly eat it for lunch. Most rice is eaten in the countries where it is grown. You know, Rice is grown in more than 89 countries. Farmers from irrigated, upland, lowland, and the flood-prone areas across Asia are the major producers of rice. Also, rice is cultivated on six of the seven continents: Asia, Australia, Africa, Europe, as well as North and South America. The only missing continent is Antarctic where it is far too cold to grow anything. Rice is also cultivated in islands around the world, from Cuba to Madagascar. Asians eat rice because they give priority to rice production because it is their staple food, so they must have a reliable supply as a matter of food security.
hi stanley! i'm asian and i do. hehe i don't think asians have the monopoly of eating rice since rice is pretty much available in other non-asian countries as well. but it's only asians who have them as a regular part of their daily diet, like a staple food. from non-asians that i know of, they get to have rice every once in a while but not regularly. rice farming is not suited for all types of soil. so i'm assuming that rice doesn't grow in most countries outside of asia. coz growing rice needs good irrigation, rain, and lots of sunshine for 4-6 months in a year. not a lot of countries have that. maybe some parts of latin america do. hehe
@Lucky12 (770)
I do. I love rice and all kinds as well.