Travelling = Learning or Fun or Both ?

As told in one of my previous discussions, my recent trip to the island nation of Malasiya was worthwhile. I enjoyed the trip so much. I consider traveling experience as a way to learn about that place. For ex. I learned lots about Malasiya, its people, culture etc. By the time I also had lots of fun travelling around Kuala Lampur and Genting shopping and visiting amusement parks. Thus I consider traveling as double advantage . What is your view ? Have you visited a place outside your country ? If yes,how was your experience ? Please write !
@besthope44 (12145)
Well for me its just a fun and great memories of my life.
Wow ! you have responded almost after three months of starting this discussion . How did you come across this discussion ? It is very rare to see responses to a discussion after ten days of its posting .
@doggydimon (1379)
They are both! You can learn many things when traveling plus the fact that you are in another place you are not accustomed with, it makes it fun and adventurous. Not only you will learn about their history, their sites and culture, you will learn how to interact more with different kinds of people. You also learn how to manage your budget well when traveling. hehehe... For me traveling to another place and having experienced many things makes me very happy. No matter what I encounter in that place. May it be good or bad, as long as I had the chance to travel it is fun for me. hehehe...
@reckon21 (3487)
Traveling is more on fun and I guess learning come with it as well. When you travel it's hard not to notice the different cultures and the different lifestyle you were presented for. Traveling is most rewarding when you get the most out of it. It is not only part of your photos but there's something in it that can contribute to your overall personality. I never had the chance to travel outside my country and it's part of my dreams that someday I will be able to visit new places and learn with them as well. I just wish it will happen someday because it is also my lifelong dreams.
@Porcospino (16435)
• Denmark
I love travelling, because it is fun and interesting and because I learn a lot of new things. When I visit another country I like to read about the history and the culture, and I like to visit museums and places like that. I went to Latvia and Lithuania last summer and in Lithuania I visited the KGB museum, it was a scary experience to walk around in the building, but I also learned a lot. If I had only read about it in a book, it would have been a different experience. Travelling is a great way to learn something, and at the same time I have a really good time.
@iamster (123)
Traveling is both for learning and fun. You got to learn a lot to the place you're visiting. The experience itself is already something to learn too. Also, it is fun because you got to meet new friends and see new sceneries that make you appreciate more what you have.
@maximax8 (27048)
For me traveling is fun and a learning experience. On my last trip I took my toddler son to South Africa. In Cape Town we saw the penguins at Boulder's Beach. It was fascinating to search for colorful crystals at Scratch Patch. We did a walking tour of a poor township and that taught me about poverty. I met the local people and found out about their culture. When I was 20 years old I traveled around the world and one of the lovely countries I went to was Malaysia.