What Are These People Thinking Off?
June 9, 2010 8:34pm CST
Beats me! I have probably read a lot of fire accidents but this one really has to go down in history as one of the most ridiculous one. It seems like 2 off-duty British Airways cabin crew in Bangkok were involved in a fatal late-night fire when 'mood-setting' candles in a hotel bedroom caused a blazing inferno. As a result, one of the hotel's local staff had died after the successful rescue attempt on the cabin crew involved. In the first place, I just cannot fathom how the crew who are trained and educated about the hazards of live flames could be so careless and negligent with their lighted "mood setting" candles. Now, another life has been lost unnecessarily and it is just sad that the outcome of this is a tragedy. Don't they know that it is dangerous to leave these things unattended and placed without proper receptacles? Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1285191/BA-cabin-crew-caused-fatal-inferno-Bangkok-hotel-lighting-candles-room.html
• United States
10 Jun 10
Hi sky, I think that any adult regardless of their occupation should know that candles are not something to be left unattended. It is just common sense. I have had enough incidents with fire as a kid and young adult to know that it is an element to be respected. I love candles and I collect candles. I would never leave one unattended. With all my issues with fire...an unattended candle has never been one of them. I don't even have them burning in rooms of the house that I'm not in or near anything flammable. All it takes is a breeze.