DVD or Cinema?

Australia
Where do you prefer to watch a movie you have been looking forward to? Why?
@maemaemae (341)
i prefer to watch at the movie house rather than buy a DVD...original DVDs are too expensive...so I'd rather watch it in the movie house with the big screen than buy a dvd
• Melbourne, Australia
I prefer DVD as you can get up & go to the toilet if you have to & not miss anything, but then I love the atmosphere of the Theatre...it's just so real watching it there...but overall I love the DVD way.
@Purgy22 (91)
If you want to be practical, why not invest in DVD's? I mean, at least you could watch the movie all over again right?
@impaktita (966)
I like going to the cinema every once in a while. Like, whenever it's my mom-in-law's day off she watches mys on and my fiance and I would "Date" and watch movies like wedid when we were teenagers hehe. It's nice to go watch movies with your friends and your boyfriend in the cinema's. However, I'm the kind who likes to repeat watching the movie when I find it good and so I also like DVD's as I collect them as well. So I guess, I like doing both but I tend to collect DVD's more as going to the cinema all the time is costly and not really available in our budget for it to be a routine!
@ArsonCuff (3121)
If I could I would have my own cinema...being at the theatre and seeing the big screen is a very comforting feeling for me..like my second home
These days there are not too many films I want to see. But back when there were films to see, I would perfer to see action films in the theater and dramas and romances at home. Action films call for a big screen and agreat sound system. Dramas and romances you need quiet and it doesn't matter what size your screen is.With action films its fun to hear people talk back to the screen. With drama anf romances I would rather see at home where it is quiet.
@cutygirl (576)
i like DVD
CInema
@wolfie34 (26792)
If its a film that I've been looking forward to then it will be the cinema every time, nothing better than to see it on the big silver screen, to appreciate the special effects and to really get into the film. Films like Titanic you HAVE to see at the movies, the television does NOT do it justice. I love the feel and emotions that go with films that you get at the cinema especially the cheers and the boos!
@Ashida (1370)
I like seeing movies the way they were made to be seen -- in a theater. I understand the cost, the interruptions (cell phones, babies, etc...) but there is no substitute for seeing a film on the big screen.
@Brandi06 (2227)
both
@mcmomss (2601)
DVD, It's too expensive to go to the theater to see a movie.