Which tie should I wear?

Wearing a tie at work - Ties and dress codes
@bounce58 (17550)
We have some major customers coming in the office tomorrow for a social call. Although we don’t have a dress code at work, we’ve been asked to at least wear ties to work to show some professionalism. Now, one of the reasons I chose this job is that we don’t get restricted in the clothes we wear. Plus it gets really hot in the afternoons these days, so I don’t think I would be appreciating what I will be wearing tomorrow. So with this in mind, which tie should I wear tomorrow? Should I wear my plain patterned or printed boring ties? Or should I wear the skull and bones one to show a little bit of protest? These customers are coming in from southern California, so should I wear my loud Mickey Mouse tie? Maybe they would appreciate that.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
I think it's time for new ties.. how about an Alien tie? LOL http://www.zazzle.com/alien_face_tie-151918651381866617
@bounce58 (17550)
Interesting suggestion. Thanks for the response.
@minx267 (11219)
• Hartford, Connecticut
LOL.. I'm sure you'd be the talk of the galaxy.. LOL you're welcome...
Not get mad , get even ! But don't upset the clients. Wear your regular tie but afterward take a personal day off.
@bounce58 (17550)
After that meeting, I did feel I needed a personal day off, or two. And I did wore just my regular tie. Now, that I look at it, they didn't deserve my double M tie anyway. Thanks.
Good! Did you take your day off? I hope so! Whenever I get forced to do something I don't like I either have a slow down day or I take a day off.
@erikmama (12934)
Southern California...Hmmm.... Mickey Mouse might make them think you are immature and NOT professional, depending on their age and snese of humor. Maybe you shuld wear MM and tell them it is in honor odf them and Cali! HEHE! I dont know. Wear what you are comfortable wearing, which ever tie that might be and let me know what you choose to wear!
@bounce58 (17550)
I should have done that! I should have worn it, and announced it during the meeting. Then, it would have been more exciting, and not as uneventful as it was. Thanks.
@SomeCowgirl (32273)
I would suggest just wearing a plain tie, going the Mickey Mouse route would be a second suggestion, but that might not impress your bosses so going plain, maybe black or red?
@bounce58 (17550)
Sorry I am a little bit late here. I did go with a boring one, but had my mickey mouse tie in the car, just in case. Unfortunately, the day went uneventful. And without the need for me to bust out the double M tie.
@hemsagar (286)
wear a checked boring tie because all those officials like only boring stuff
@bounce58 (17550)
I know what you mean. And I did wear a boring one today. But, I brought the loud 'Mickey Mouse' in the car. Just in case I need it. Thanks!