Should I buy an elliptical machine off of Craigslist?

As it's turning into winter, and I am working on losing some weight, and don't really have a gym membership - I am wondering what your opinions are on buying an elliptical machine on Craigslist. I have found a couple for $100 that say they are in working and good condition, but I don't know. personally I've never bought anything off of Craigslist before. Do you think this would be putting my money to good use? I feel like I would most definitely actually use it. I love the elliptical even though I'm exhausted after a 1/2 an hour on it. OR do you think a tredmill would be a better option? I'm looking to get into shape over the winter and want to start ASAP. I mean, I do have a gym at my 2nd job, but it closes early and I usually can't make it there by the time it closes. Should I buy an elliptical machine on Craigslist? Need some insight. Thanks!
You just gave me an idea. I will list my treadmill on craiglist. I bought it and this apartment is so small. I will lose money but it will give me corner to put storage. I wouls say if the price i right buy it.
Sell it to me!!!! Except I don't enjoy walking indoors and I hate running. Do you happen to have an elliptical machine on hand, by any chance?? LOL
No I sure don't. This treadmill is automatic and would cost an arm amd legg to ship. I had the hardest time putting this together so it would be for pick up only. Good luck I bought it from seventhavenue.com
@puccagirl (7316)
• Israel
Why not? I have a stationary bike at home, and while I do not use it every day, I do use it a lot and it is great for those days when you do not want to get out of the house. Bicycling alone is obviously not enough (and probably not using the machine you are thinking of getting either) but you can combine it with some yoga (I do yoga at home as well), running, push ups, sit ups or similar things to get a good and balanced exercise routine. And as long as you do not pay for the machine before you get it, I do not see why it would be a problem getting it off Craigslist either.
I am just afraid in small ways that it's not going to work. I think I will have my sister come along to make sure it works OK. I want the computer in it to work, so I can adjust settings like intensity level and so on. But I think it would be great.