I Was Accused Of Animal Cruelty Today!

@trickiwoo (2702)
So awhile back I took a photo of my pet tarantula and posted it online. Today someone saw that photo and left me a comment yelling at me and cursing at me for being cruel... See, the tarantula was in his cage when I took the picture! And there was a light reflecting on the glass! The guy who left the comment saw the light and thought it was a piece of tape on the tarantula's legs! He thought I'd taped his legs to the cage!!! After I explained it was just a reflection, he apologized! I thought it was pretty funny since I'm the last person on earth that would ever do anything cruel to an animal! I have a job working with animals, I volunteer with animal shelters and rescue organizations and I even own my own non-profit organization dealing with animal welfare! Have you ever been accused of something absolutely ridiculous and out of character for you?
@luvandpower (2049)
What I found even odder is somebody talking about cruelty to a tarantula.
@trickiwoo (2702)
Why would that be odd?? Tarantulas are living creatures and can feel pain just as much as any other animal! Why would it be okay to hurt one animal, but not another? I understand that a lot of people are afraid of spiders and tarantulas or are creeped out by them, but that doesn't mean it's okay to hurt them! All living creatures deserve our respect!
I meant no disrespect in that view. I just simply got the same problem as you stated, fear of spiders. If I had to go up against a spider the broom would be my weapon...no offense.
@trisha27 (3498)
I think that if the person is keeping a pet tarantula or a pet spider of some sort, then yeah it would be wrong to sit there and torture them in a way that this person thought that trickiwoo was doing to her pet tarantula. And so in that case, yes it would be animal cruelty. I think though that, if its not your pet and a pest in your house, then you should do away with it. I'm afraid of spiders as well, but they also have the right to not be tortured as people's pets. But if they are a pest, I'm sorry I'm not going to let spiders crawl around in my house because they are living beings.
@trisha27 (3498)
Its interesting how people can jump to conclusions on things that they think you did, when they don't pay attention. That was messed up though that they would think that you would take a picture of being cruel to animal, first of all. I'm glad that you cleared it up.
No much too worry, thye could accused u everything they like. what's really matter are what you believe about yourself, not what they believe. keep that in mind and heart! :)
@wiggles18 (2523)
That is absurd.I'm glad things are straightened out though :D I get accused of doing something completely ridiculous of myself on a normal basis; I won't go into any detail of the accusations, but I would just like to say that I really do not appreciate such things. People should really ask the person what is going on, and let them explain, instead of just blatantly making assumptions about said person.
@2004cqui (2823)
I was accused of being racist by this woman (Caucasian)for turning down dinner with this guy. It wasn't because he was black! It was the lack of personality! Sheesh!
@cream97 (29167)
Hi. trickiwoo. That was very mean. Let the accusers accuse you, you know the truth and that is all that matters. This man should have asked you the truth before he practically assumed something that was untrue about you. I don't like it when someone accuses me of something that I did not do. It makes me very angry. I can understand how you would have felt being that you have a love for taking care of animals. I am sure that his statements made you upset. But look who is sorry now? My daughter's teacher accused me of not being proud of my daughter's progress into school. This was not true at all. I am very proud of my daughter's achievements into school. She knows that too, she was just mad because I did not appreciate the fact that she was trying to tell my child what she feels that she needs and don't need. It also bothers her because I have reported her and she now feels as if she is not such a great teacher.