Tour in Italy

I have heard that Naples in Italy is not a safe place in europe to visit where there takes place lot of illegal activities. How to keep myself safe in this type of places.Please help...
@jwfarrimond (4475)
I had a holiday this summer in Naples with my sister without any problems. Just take basic precautions as listed by the previous responders and you'll be fine. Piazza Garibaldi is supposed to be one of the riskier places but it has apparently been cleaned up some now and we certainly had no trouble there - though having said that, I was careful to avoid going through the piazza at night.
@maximax8 (27049)
You could read a travel guide book like Lonely Planet Italy or Rough Guide Italy and then choose one of their accommodation listings. They tend to discuss the safety of the particular parts of Naples. I suggest that you wear a money belt which will contain money, a bank card and your passport. You could get a map of Naples and read in your travel guide book where the dangerous streets are. I advise you don't go out after dark because that is time crime seems to happen. Around Naples are many places you would enjoy like Sorrento and Capri. Have a wonderful trip. In Nairobi I only carried a transparent plastic bag with a bottle of water and my travel guide book in it. I carried a limited amount of money and stored the remainder at my accommodation in their safe. Then when I was in Guatemala I carried my money in five different places on my body and in my luggage. I stayed safe in those destinations.