Would you get micro-chipped if it became a requirement?

I've been doing research on micro-chipping of humans like they do pets right now and it seems its on the table for debate. There may come a time where its required for us to take on this technology. Would you have it done? For me, I would not allow me or mine to do this at any time. I love the convenience of of high tech stuff as well as the next one, but I think that this is going too far.
This would not mean I approve of it being done to me. But,you used the word requirement. That means to me that if I declined I would take some form of punishment. well I would rather be chipped then punished in any way..
I wouldn't care what the punishment would be. It wouldn't be right in my book. And sometimes you have to stand up for whats right.
You could not have said it better for me. My freedom is priceless to me. so,getting chipped over jail or chained up and beaten or anything I can't think of right now. i woudl be chipped.
I can see your point of view as well but Im not sure it would come to all that. Being beaten and all that... Then again, I half wonder if some of these government people aren't trying to turn the US into a third world country. So maybe you aren't all that far off.
The very thought of this happening frightens me, it sounds like something from a futuristic sicence fiction movie, where someone could just scan you to find everything out. I think that I would refuse. Can you imagine walking around with some computer chip inside of you, that has all sorts of information on it and could possibly transmit this info to anyone who has the right equipment? Who knows where this could lead to? I fear that if this happens then we really would be in a Big Brother world.
Yeah it scares me too but for a lot more reasons than that. I will refuse no matter the punishment. Sometimes you have to stand up for whats right and chipping would be a violation of the Constitution.