More Marxism, aka Political Correctness

@epicure35 (2822)
United States
January 8, 2011 3:27pm CST
And the inanity rolls on..... www.michellemalkin.com reports on the Doug Powers article re the State Dept.'s new "gender-neutralizing" intent to replace the terms "Mother" and "Father" on passports with "Parent #1" and "Parent #2"... cwa.com reports on "gender neutralizing" in textbooks... Reports on the Today Show and elsewhere show even Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn are not immune from political correctness as, in the case of many school textbooks, words and history are removed and changed. Once again, truth is never allowed to surface.
1 person likes this
2 responses
@laglen (19783)
• United States
8 Jan 11
remember back in the day, when kids had a mother and a father? and censorship was a bad word? ahh the good ol days.....
@epicure35 (2822)
• United States
9 Jan 11
We are clearly being censored today more than ever in our history. We no longer have free speech or freedom of the press. Our Constitution being desecrated denies us those, as well as a legitimate President, and we are in great peril for lack of truth, which spreads like a cancer, even to the rewriting of history we see so prevalently now.
1 person likes this
@millertime (1398)
• United States
8 Jan 11
I'll tell ya, the whole pc thing really gets on my nerves. I can't believe that these idiots take it to the extreme that they do. Gee, 2% of the population might have a problem so lets make the other 98% change to conform to some idiot's perception of what's correct. Give me a break. The fact they are now going to go back and rewrite classic works like Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn is absolutely disgusting. It's ridiculous and it's an insult to Mark Twain. How does anybody think it's OK to change what a writer wrote? It's censorship in the name of political correctness. It's just wrong. It's just a milder form of book burning and for some reason, it's taking place in America. What are we coming to in this country?
@epicure35 (2822)
• United States
9 Jan 11
Again, this is not a form of "politeness", but control and manipulation, designed to confound and confuse minds with little understanding of truth. "Bureaucracy" such as this and in all its forms preys on ignorance and dehumanizes people.