Have you drowned?

@JosephP (1118)
Jamaica
I remember when I was young I went swimming in a pool and went too far. I started to drown and as I was about to die I felt a had lift me out of the pool and I was saved. Have you ever been in such a situation? What saved you?
@tash01 (2032)
• Jamaica
No i have never drown before,And i can't swim either.I love the beach but i can swim,if am going out in the water am not going to let it pass my waist.even if am going in the pool. I always stay on the step ,are just place my foot in the water.I have saw someone almost drown, when i was small and that make me afraid of going far out. But i have never been in that situation before, and i don't think i will ever be.
I was pushed by my trainer in the pool just to get me out of the fright of swimming at the deep end. I had a float no doubt but that experience was horrible and I will never forget it ever.
@tash01 (2032)
• Jamaica
I remember my friend did something similar to me ,when we were at the beach.I was standing in the water and he push me down in the water,and i could hardly get up.When i get they where laughing, and i tell them it's not funny. I was so up set that ,all i wanted to know was which one of them push me And i will never forget that day,at the beach with my crazy friends.
Thank God we both had strong hearts!
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
Yes couple of times. I don't know how to swim so yeah. My friends have taught me how to but have drowned couple of times in that process too
@stephcjh (32327)
I don't recall that ever happening to me but it happened to my sister. We grabbed her also and pulled her out of the water.
@marianne87 (3526)
When I was maybe 6 or 7 we had a big family trip to Florida with all our cousins. Myself and my younger cousins couldn't swim so we all had swimming aids in the pool that came with the house. One day there were no adults around and my big cousin gave me his swim ring, but it was one of those which is open at the back, not a complete swim ring. I was ok til suddenly in the deep end of the pool, it somehow got away from me. I was thrashing around and would have drowned, if my big sister (who wasn't a good swimmer) hadn't jumped in and rescued me. Although she couldn't swim well herself, she saw her little sister in trouble and she immediately jumped into the pool. I probably owe my life to her.