What you can do with a crafted magnet

@marie2052 (3697)
Many people can probably only one thing when they hear the word Magnet. Refrigerator. Here is a list of many creative ways to use them other than just sticking them on the fridge. Mail one to a friend. Tie one on a plate of cookies or loaf of bread (banana bread) as a gift. Scrapbooking. Stocking stuffers. Tie one on to a jar of goodies. Locker Buddies Party favors. Tie one on to any type of package. Small gift ideas for workers in your office. Lunch Box Surprise Secret Sisters Place in a birthday or other occasion card for an extra smile. Magnets can be made many different ways. I usually have made most of mine from plastic canvas, cross stitch, and scallop shells. Magnet uses are only limited to your imagination. Can you think of any to add that would be good ideas for hand crafted magnets?
@ElicBxn (60884)
well, they aren't crafted magnets, but I have keys and stuff attached to my front door with magnets. Sometimes I leave a note outside with one.
@Amfyre (515)
and sometimes magnets can just simply amuze children, I find mine all over the house and recently the lady bug magnets disappeared only to be found with a couple of five years old making them spin because of the repeling magnetic forces. Magnets ingeneral are also fun to give and good for making crafts. I have a ziploc bag magnetized to the mailbox with a no junk mail note inside it!
@jillhill (37384)
What a bunch of wonderful idea's! I make and sell them at my craft sales. I don't sell alot of them but once in a while I do get lucky! Thanks for sharing all the ideas...
@marie2052 (3697)
Your very welcome Jill. I started attaching a ceramic magnet or christmas ornament to my jar mixes like chocolate chip cookies, or brownies or blueberry pancake mix in pint canning jars for Xmas. I also make all dipped pretzels, molded candies etc for the holidays so its neat to just add one along with something I made. have a great day.
@cerebellum (3871)
I am one of the people that just think refrigerator when I hear magnets. I will have to try some of the different uses. Thanks for all the good ideas!
@marie2052 (3697)
I did so many craft shows for about 15 years that I really got smart using ceramic magnets. Hope you can use a few of the ideas.
@BarBaraPrz (19868)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Put one on either side of a window screen to patch a hole?