Should you release yourself, not to be too uptight

Life is short, maybe I should consider release myself a bit, and not holding myself too tight. I work 2 jobs, and struggle to pay off my debt as priority. Lately, I really don't have much time to relax myself. I would think about pay off my debt as soon as possible, and on the other hand, I want to keep my saving goal. Lately, a good friend of my mom die of stroke, and that is surprising, since he seems like a healthy man, and all of sudden, he is gone. That change my thinking and concept about life. I spent almost 7 days a week working and working, and less likely I would enjoy my life right now. Where does it leave me for the next 10 years? Would I be doing the same thing too? Maybe I should release myself a bit. I certainly would take care of debt as a tackling goal, and I would want to indulge myself for something special, not big, but at least I want to treat myself good.
@stephcjh (32327)
I try my very best daily to not be uptight but it just cannot be helped alot of times. There is just always too much happening beyond my control.
For me, I might not want to try new stuff, because I was scared, or I might jinx things that was work perfectly for me. Maybe I should be more creative, and trying something new in my life once. I hate to stay in one place for the rest of my life.
I realize something about your discussion, thanks for making this one too. I am seeing myself on you. I am struggling to earn online to pay on my debts because I do now want my family suffer this big problem just in case I will be gone sooner. My goal is to pay all my debts so I do have many plans that I call plan A,B and so on. Those were about those online job I have that fails to pay me, I have to have a back up plan, a different priority to work on so that my earnings will not stop. Because of this, I lose time to think about myself. When my friends invite me to go out, I rather not say yes since I know I will lose a lot of earnings when I spend time with them. In this way, I tend to forget all about pleasure that lead me to stress being uptight and thinking alone about my earnings. Stress might cause different kinds of severe illness like cancer and heart problems. We all lead to this if we will not stop stressing ourselves. It is quite ironic to know that most of the people who work hard to earn and save money are those who die young or spend some months in the hospital because they are sick. But anyway, we are the one who harass ourselves that leads to this so we must balance work and having fun. We also tend to think problems as a burden rather than thinking about it, analysing it and focus on solving it. We sometimes spend more time of crying, thinking we are useless and thinking that we do not have money at all rather than what can we do about it. If we focus on the solution and doing it, it is less stressful. I think the really issue here is to have a proper mind set about life. We all know ever since that problems are part of life, we cannot change it, since we know it now, why not focus on partnering it with solution and live every day with full of motivation, determination and inspiration. Life is too short to waste because we are just stress. We need to love ourselves and we are the only person who can do that to ourselves.
@inertia4 (27713)
We all go through these feelings. I was also stressed out with working. We all need some down time and me time. Working 2 jobs is lots of working. But I also understand the debt thing. My suggestion is to get rid of the debt as soon as possible, then take a step back and chill. Enjoy your personal time, you deserve it.
@squallming (1776)
The answer is yes. Life is really short. I mean I get to almost 24 years old in a flash? How much time do we have really? So, I believe you should definitely need to work for a living but at the same time make sure that you have the time to relax, have fun, enjoy your life for a bit. I have no idea how do you have debt needed to be paid off but still I believe you can do it. I gave this issue some thought, and that is one of the reason I'm aiming to become a teacher. I don't know about your place. But in Malaysia, teacher works only half a day from Monday to Friday. sometimes have extra classes during Saturday. But Sunday is definitely off. When students have long break at the end of the year. you will have your break too. Pss... did I mention it's with pay? Of course, I sincerely wanted to be a teacher because I value child education. I'm interested in teaching.