Good Friday, and not just the usual TV ads

@Torunn (2810)
Norway
A coupld of times a year the "normal" ads disappear from the screens here in Norway, and instead of ads for buying a new and better hairspray or the most fantastic deodrant of your life there's only ads for donating money to different charities, for education, awarness of different illnesses and volunteering. It's for Easter and Christmas every year, I usually do something else when the ads come (we don't have as much as other countries, some of the channels in the UK drove me crazy last time I was there) so I only just realized that they still want my money, but not for quite the same reasons. What do you think of this? Couple of days a year with less pressure to buy and more pressure to give? Any other countries that have similar systems?
@21wakoko (52)
donations for money? No it didnt happen here in Philippines. They are just using the holidays to ask money for their own..