Why not Moyes or Pulis?

@Nero11 (317)
I'm a nervous Norwich City fan looking over my shoulder as the Villa vultures circle. I'm hoping they offer the job to Martinez and if they did to Lambert, he would see sense and not accept it. It's something of a poisoned chalice I think and he'd be better off staying put... but I would say that as a biased fan. My question however would be, why are David Moyes and Tony Pulis never in the frame when these jobs come up? Are they deemed too secure in their current jobs or just not fashionable managers? Surely Stoke's record and what Pulis has achieved there outweighs Lambert's and Villa are arguably a bigger club? And if you listen to the critics, both Lambert and Pulis play ugly football.... weird.
@sjlskl (3385)
Moyes is too underrated. The job he is doing at Everton with a shoestring budget is nothing short of amazing. The problem is Everton is not playing an interesting of free flowing football that is why many clubs ain't keen to approach him. As for Pulis, yes he has done a good job. He made Stoke difficult to beat. But the approach is high ball and throw-ins into the box, not exactly what the football purists and fans would like to see.
@ram_cv (16516)
Actually a very interesting question. I think the problem with Moyes is that he has been labelled an Everton type manager i.e. one who will keep the team going in mid-table in next to no funds. Somehow clubs seem to think he does not have ambition to take their team forward and look elsewhere. Tony Pulis is another manager who I think loses out because of the brand of football that his team plays. Somehow clubs think long enough before thinking of putting him on their shortlist. That leaves the two clubs that have come up this season i.e. Norwich and Swansea and so you still need to be a bit nervous. Cheers! Ram