Are you a superstitious person?

superstious - Are you a superstitious person?
Do you believe in superstitions? Many for example are enslaved to superstitions. Many believe that certain objects or certain numbers will bring bad luck. Others refrain from making important decisions unless they first look for a good omen or consult a horoscope or spirit medium. Do you also do the same way?
@surekharathi (14134)
Nice question I started 3 discussions here in last three days about superstitions like if cat cross our path then we should change the way, dont sneezing while someone going out of home etc. My old family members says me this all and I follow this.
@Asylum (46766)
• Manchester, England
Oh no, I have never been superstitious. I do like superstitions because many of them are based on some tangible act or situation, which can be a very interesting subject. These range from walking under a ladder, which was obviously based on the danger of something being dropped from above, to the number 13 being unlucky which is derived from the fact that there were 13 people at the last supper.
Traditionally, I do. Some of the elders imparted this superstitious beliefs to guide us. There is nothing wrong if we do it.
I'm not a superstitious person at all. I don't believe any of that stuff.
My mother was very superstitious and i'm the opposite. I only have God and nobody else.
@chiyosan (29388)
I am a bit superstitious,, this is due to the fact that i have been with a family that has a very rooted chinese beliefs. We do have a lot of superstitions, beliefs that is also part of traditions. We believe in ghost months, we believe in feng shui, in things we can do to eliminate bad luck and so on. =) but well even if i do believe in such... i am not limiting myself to the superstitious beliefs and how i should make my decisions. it can be partly related to that... but it can be that i am deciding due to my own happiness alone.
@Paper_Doll (2376)
I don't believe or base my beliefs in superstitions because I believe that they are against the teachings of the bible. I saw many people who let superstitions control their lives that can sometimes prevent them for doing something and to others, may risk their lives. It can happen when they believe that a certain sickness or accident happened because of bad spirits. They bring the person to quack doctors in their towns instead of bringing him to a doctor to be diagnosed. They say that ignorance is one of the factors why superstitions are wide spread. So to prevent superstitions in controlling your life, you need proper education to understand why things are happening or to know the reasons behind it.