$10/day on MyLot, I don't think so.

@techweb (217)
In a separate thread someone claimed that if you work very hard here its possible to make $10/day. Please don't talk about the algorithm of MyLot, but would like to hear if people think this is true. I for one believe its completely bogus, I would go so far as to say you are doing an amazing job if you make $.50/day on this site. I don't work particular hard here but I try to participate and I make around $.01 - $.05 a day. (Which I am very happy with because I am more here to learn)
@mysdianait (64056)
We all earn differently here and for our own efforts. If we aer extremely active and have many referrals then that amunt might be possible but very imporobable. By the way, did you know that YOU only earn for your own efforts here? YOU earn nothing for the responses that others post. They earn for those. YOU earn when you add a comment to each response, if it furthers the topic and makes this into a discussion instead of it just being a question with some answers.
@techweb (217)
Well, I don't want to discuss the algorithm for why people get paid since thats against TOS. The purpose of the discussion is to dispel a myth someone else was perpetuating in another discussion. Happy to see what everyone's expectations are from mylot.
@sjvg1976 (18397)
@ Diana I agree we need to be active for better earnings we need to further discussion otherwise we can't. I also have seen lots of people who are super active here and earns for their participation, its all depends on our activities but $10/day seems to be an impossible task unless we have 1000s of active referrals on the site.
@CatGods (4595)
I would say possible but unlikely. I make about as much as you do here on mylot. But then again I'm not hear for the money. I'm here to make friends and learn a few tricks along the way. Just in another discussion I learned about a site that I can use to gain more amazon gift cards. I sues sites like that inbetween taking calls. Also from another person I learned of a site where I can play mancala and earn points and cash out every once in a while for 20.00. But as for earning 10.00 per day here on mylot, you would have to be extremely very active and have tons of extremely very active referrals. Then it would be possible to make 10.00 per day. But just on your own or even with say 10 or 20 active refs, nope I don't think it's possible. Well come to think of it, maybe it could be possible. See once you hit the 500 post mark, then you are allowed to add a picture to your post. So lets say you started 30 discussions and added a pic to each one (pics have to pertain to the discussion) and you replied to maybe 100 discussions and added a pic to each reply, and then you did some tasks, and I hear that you can make some money by doing a search, and if you had some active refs say 50 or more who are doing the same thing as you every day ...... that makes it more a reality to be able to earn 10.00 per day. What would really make or break it is those active refs. Just doing the above on your own is not enough.
@mysdianait (64056)
We can all add a picture when we start a discussion, right from the minute we join. We have to wait until 500 to add them to responses and comments.
@Kameko (104)
Hi! CatGods, I am a newbie here. You have furnished very useful tips to increase our earnings. But I don't think it makes that much. It is very hard find such good referrals, who work that much hard, as it is not in our hands. Keep smiling.
@owlwings (39606)
• Cambridge, England
I think that it was either a misprint or a wild (and very hopeful) guess! I have seen people claim that they have made stupid amounts on MyLot. They never seem to produce payment proofs and rarely make it possible to identify them (one person was making wild claims like this on a blog but then didn't even include a referral link! WHY???). In the end, we did identify the person but, when challenged, [they] said that it was under a 'former username' and 'with a lot of referrals' ... in fact, the person became remarkably coy and stopped responding in that discussion! I do know several people who earn more than $10 each month (which means an average of at least $0.33 a day). I admire them because they are both more efficient and more active than I am but "each to his own", as the saying goes! I am not going to hazard a guess at what someone could reasonably be expected to make but I would certainly say that $10 a day (except as a "one off" with some very well-paying tasks available) is completely unachievable!
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
completely unachievable i might agree, owlwings, but some smart alec can tweak the system and make close to that. because you haven't made it doesn't mean it is impossible...it is just more improbable for anyone to achieve that. I think not impossible. I would be willing to pay 10 dollars to have the secret formula if that individual will make it available.
@sjvg1976 (18397)
Hello Techweb, $10/day on Mylot looks impossible for me moreover $10/month too looks a bit tough for me though I tried harder when I was new on this site. People who claim that they earn it I don't know how they do so may be they are having 1000s of active referrals on the site otherwise by just responding and commenting can't earn much on Mylot.
@Jshean20 (14367)
I highly doubt this however you never know! I remember one day when I had nothing else on my schedule I spent most of my day on mylot ( atleast 5 hours) and I made under $2 at that point in time, so I find it hard to believe you could make $10. With the earnings being a bit of a mystery and us not really having a "break down" it could be true though!
• Puerto Rico
Well It is possible if you have tons of referrals but people have to be active in order to make you some money. It can be a daunting task to get a lot of people to be active here all by yourself. Most non-sells related sites are low paying so its a difficult task in itself unless you write a lot on revenue share sites like Squidoo and Hubpages and even in those sites it's pretty uphill.
@padu19 (1441)
These things were once possible in Mylot. One of my friends, had earned $75 in 10 days. Initially, Mylot pay system was a bit different. However, with the current system if one has to earn $10 per day, he/she should be having 'enormous' 'ACTIVE' referrals, who earn him $9 and the remaining $1 are earned by the member himself!!!
@varier (5699)
As long as there's only 24 hours in a day, that amount is impossible to be reached. It might be possible with the helps of huge active referrals and/or some good paying tasks (like Sharonbucks task; oh, do they still exist up to now? ). But I actually doubt that there exist someone who ever earned $10 within a day here..
I am new in this Mylot. I do not have a lot of referrals/links/posts, etc. But so far your data is correct. I make comments, start a discussion, the most that I can get is only 10 cents a day, that is already good. On average is 5 cents a day. Although I admit that I am not that active making comments. But with the rewards of only couple of cents/post, to get $10 a day, it will require a tremendous effort of keep making comments all the time. It is not impossible, but probability wise, it will be difficult. Maybe if we have links, task, and others than it will be easier to achieve the $10 a day.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
i wish for one thing that mylot should increase the rate it charges for discussion and comments. mylot should encourage us to contribute more often. i wonder why no one can boast of making 10 dollars in a day! I wonder! BTW, mylot is a nice site. very well modeled. But I hear a lot of postloop...will never go there until... I need 10 dollars in my earnings box and I want it NOW!
@swats89 (1731)
Hi. I also don't believe that we can make $10/day. Maximum I can only make $0.20 a day. We all know tha mylot is not pay per post site. We get only paid for quality content. If I spent 24 hours then maybe I would not make that much of money. Cheers.
I have never made 10.00 in a single day and there was a time when I have spent a couple of hours on here straight. I love being on here to see my friends and help them out as much possible. I am not on here just to make money, but to spend time reading and writing. I think one would need lots of referrals in order to get 10.00 a day.
@deazil (4546)
I think you have to make many, many discussions and then comment on a whole lot of responses to make close to $10 in a day and even then it sounds incredulous. But I would not argue if someone wants to claim that. I think it may be wishful thinking on someone's part. Of course there are the earnings from searches which can be nice. In Sept. I earned $1.96 for searches. And then there are the tasks. Maybe it pays more for discussions than if you only comment. I have never started a discussion, I only respond. But I still make payout. Barely.
@SinfulRose (3529)
• Davao, Philippines
One really can't make $10 a day here unless if that person has the speed of reading and typing to that of a super computer. But it's not impossible to make $1 here in a day. The most I made as far as I can remember is about $0.60 but that's because I participated in a lot of discussions and made discussions myself and used the search bar...
@kyrararen (601)
I agree. It is not easy to make more than 1 dollar in a day and I think it is kinda impossible to make $10 a day in my lot. I haven't even experienced making one dollar in a day in myLot or even half dollar. The biggest I get from being actively posting and commenting back here, and I was quite really crazy$0.3 something. I didn't know someone who did manage to get a dollar a day though, since I mostly comment in discussion instead of making one.