My daughter broke her leg on New Years Eve

My daughter Lilly is nine months old today! On New Years Eve, she was trying to get from one couch to the other and she caught her foot caught in the rug and fell. So I took her to the hospital, they ran some xrays and said she fractured her ankle but to them, it's considered the same as a break. She had a splint for two days and then she got her cast. She goes back to he doctor on January 18th to see if she can get the cast removed. They said she shouldn't have any trouble with it afterwards and it shouldn't affect her learning to walk so that's really good. She's doing great with her cast though. She can crawl and stand up with it on so she's in a better mood since she couldn't do anything with her splint.
There are terrible things that we go through in life. this has to be one of the saddest. I would be crying seeing that little angel in a cast. my daughter was in a full body cast for 6 weeks. I had to carry her every where with that cast. I could not get her to sit right in here wheel chair either. I had to wash her hair leaning back in that chair as well. I never want to see a cast again.
Oh that is so sad. I hope your daughter is doing well now. I had to carry Lilly while she had her splint and she didn't like that she wasn't able to crawl around. But now that she has her cast, it's more stable on her leg so she can crawl and stand up. I almost cried when they told me her leg was broken. I thought they were just going to say she sprained it or something.
My daughter is walking and running like nothing ever happened. I am glad for that because they said she would never run again.
Well that's great! I'm glad she's able to go about her life normally.
@jaiho2009 (39079)
Hope she get well soon. She's too young to be in pain and I am also a mother that surely breaks your heart seeing your little angel in pain. But I am sure she will be fine soon.
I hope she gets her cast off on the 18th. They said she would probably wear from 4 to 6 weeks but they're going to check it on the 18th to see how she's healing.
This will probably be one of the hardest things that you will ever have to go through as a parent. I know that I'm lucky that my children are 10 and 6 years old now and neither of them have ever been through a broken bone. I do remember when we were little my cousin was born with his legs really bowed and he pretty much went through the first three years of his life with casts on his legs. My cousin learned to walk with casts on his legs and after they were corrected, he learned to walk again without casts. That said, I was eight when I broke my ankle (which was a break that required surgery), I'm 32-years-old now and I don't really have any lasting problems with the exception of a little bit of arthritis in my ankle.