Got Over a Small Fear Today

@NailTech (6890)
United States
January 25, 2013 4:33pm CST
Since we had to have the boilerman look at the boiler today mom didn't feel like coking or going out alittle later to get anything like take out so we had to make our own food this evening. We had alot of the Ziti leftover from yesterday so I heated that up with a said I made. I heated it up (not the salad) in the new microwave, and it went good. The first time I used it since the old one had food in it that went on fire and damaged it for good. I got over my little fear, yay! I was afraid to use it again since the kale fire.
3 people like this
6 responses
• Philippines
26 Jan 13
I never thought that a tin foil can cause a microwaze oven ablaze.That is because I have not set my hands on a microwave oven even if have two at home.Sounds funny,right? My mom believes that this appliance will make us pay an and a leg for electricity bills. So they just sit in our kitchen counter. My husband and I received two ovens as wedding presents.Now after reading your post I do not want to touch our microwave anymore!
2 people like this
• Philippines
26 Jan 13
I mean, an arm and a leg.. when will I ever get used to mylotting on my smartphone geeez
1 person likes this
@maezee (31573)
• United States
25 Jan 13
Awesome!! I would be afraid to use it too if something caught on fire.. THat sounds scary. I wonder why it would catch on fire? Is there something wrong with it? Anyway, hopefully that doesn't happen again! I had a small fear of using the oven for a while because of a similar experience - someone left tin foil in the broiler, and I accidentally turned it on and it caused a crazy fire. The fire never left the oven, but it was still a frightening experience anyway!
2 people like this
@NailTech (6890)
• United States
25 Jan 13
OOps, I meant I made a salad not "said". These typos of mine...argh! I don't know why it caught on fire actually, it was some kale I made like always. I put it on a paper towel and a paper plate. I had washed it prior to that and squirted a small amount of oil on it. Had it in there for maybe a minute and then came back to check on it and saw fire. OMG! :P I usually keep my eye on things cause one time a chicken nugget almost caught fire. It started to smoke a little. The old microwave wasn't older than a few years. The only thing I can think of the vents might have been clogged although I did clean it too when needed. The old was was thrown into the garbage, someone picked it out of the garbage and carted it away other than the usual. I hope they don't attempt to use it. The inside of it was kind of charred some. I attempted to clean it but then gave up. Threw it all out.
2 people like this
@choybel (5059)
• Philippines
26 Jan 13
That's one good thing to get rid of at the start of the year. I think I should also do something similar, face a fear and get rid of it.
1 person likes this
@NailTech (6890)
• United States
26 Jan 13
That would be cool if you did that. I feel like my fear was so small now that I need to overcome a bigger one.
1 person likes this
@jenny1015 (13390)
• Philippines
26 Jan 13
Glad you've over come that fear.. My fear was in plugging into sockets. When I was a kid, I had a little shock from the transformer and also I got scared of all the sparks. But when I got older, I was fine with plugging and unplugging although a bit more cautious.
1 person likes this
@NailTech (6890)
• United States
26 Jan 13
Me too. It might seems small but the fact I had to use it helped me face it I guess. Shocks can be dangerous. My mom had gotten one from the fish tanks downstairs one day and the way she described it it wasn't good.
1 person likes this
@911Ricki (13602)
• Canada
30 Jan 13
I had that in college, where ours just was old and blew up basically. I was always afraid to use it after that.
1 person likes this
@KrauseHome (34995)
• United States
22 Feb 13
Well, there will always be times, especially with cooking that we will have fears of doing something. Many times Fear of what it might taste like, how it will look, etc. Especially when we are making something for the first time. But I can understand the Fear after the Fire, and glad things did go well this time.