...a question for people working in optometrist/optician shops

February 14, 2013 4:00am CST
Just had my new eyeglasses and I think I would like a chnage in my current eye wear. However, I can't contact my optometrist to make the change. I have my prescription with me but I need to have the lens corrected. Said optometrist cannot be reached and someone told me that they closed up shop. I would like to know if any optician shop can make the change for me - as in change the lens itself. I can understand if they want to charge me but I hope they won't make me pay for another pair of lens. The frame is still good and new and I don't want to waste it.
1 response
@dorannmwin (36698)
• United States
15 Feb 13
So are you saying that you feel like the prescription that you've been given isn't the prescription that you feel like you actually need? If that is the case then I think that the best thing that you can do is to visit another optometrist and have your eyes checked again. If they find that you do need a different prescription, then there should be no reason that they won't be able to use the frames that you already have and cut the lenses to fit within that set of frames. I know that my brother-in-law once had prescription lenses placed into a pair of cheap Wal-Mart sunglasses frames.
• Philippines
15 Feb 13
Yup.But I am much more gonna be pleased if we skip the eye exam and just follow the previous prescription. I haven't changed mine dramatically in the last two years and I'll be not amused if one optometrist will tell me that I need to have stronger lenses or higher prescriptioni have no problem with reusing frames - at least, I'll be able to cut the price tag due to them.