myLot Facelift and Quadruple Earnings Days!

@myLot (127)
Kansas City, Missouri
For the past several months, we have been hard at work developing a new and improved myLot. It's getting close! A demo website was built to help test the various new features and iron out the bugs. A developer inadvertently made this demo website publicly viewable recently, and a handful of users this morning were able to get a "sneak peek" at the new version. (The demo website is no longer accessible.) There are a lot of exciting things to talk about with the new myLot! However, we'll need to save those discussions for a later date. For now, we need to make it crystal clear that the new myLot WILL NOT display your real name without your consent! Just like Twitter, the new myLot WILL have a field for the user to display their name IF THEY CHOOSE. For display and testing purposes, the demo website was briefly displaying real names, but to be clear your real name WILL NOT be displayed in the new myLot when it launches. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Thanks for understanding. And to show our appreciation, we would like to make Thursday and Friday QUADRUPLE EARNINGS DAYS. So... quadruple earnings starts now!
@topffer (30611)
• France
Thank you for the Quad earnings... but... "your real name WILL NOT be displayed in the new myLot when it launches." Then you will have to change the privacy policy of this new site. It was saying : " Information Sharing and Disclosing User Profile information such as name, username and location is displayed to myLot members in order to facilitate user interaction in the myLot social networking community. To facilitate searching and finding friends and acquaintances on the service, myLot allows users to search for other members by name, username and country of residence. "
@mysdianait (63977)
Mine was totaaly wrong. I am nowhere near Venice (and never have been except for 3 trips in the last 32 years )
Ain't that scary? I wonder what would happen if they didn't change that policy that we saw on the test site. i just can't imagine what would have happened if that site launches with out a single slite of our approval. it's a really great blessing from Jess T to have shared it with us hahahah. but seriously, that would make us limiting our post if that transpire in the new mylot format.
@myLot (127)
• Kansas City, Missouri
To clarify, there will be a NEW name field that's separate from the current name field needed for mylot earnings payments. It's this new field that will be publicly displayed. It will default to your current username. This way you can have a separate "name" and "username", and honestly you can put whatever you want in the "name" field. That's up to each user.
@mysdianait (63977)
No comment... is my response. If things aint broke, why fix 'em Not sure that I want mylot to become like Twitter at all
I don't know a darn thing about Twitter and was never interested. If I was, I would have joined. I hope myLot doesn't change into this either because this might be my last payout too coming up.
@inu1711 (5288)
I don't know much about Twitter either and I hope myLot won't change its spirit. MysD, have you thought this can be a hoax?
@inu1711 (5288)
WOW! I've just finished reading the responses/comments into this discussion and I realized it is anything but a hoax. I can't say but... let's wait and see what will happen.
@dragon54u (31340)
Oh great...so you change the site to offer new stuff when you can't even get the old stuff to work properly. On top of that my personal information may have been visible to people I don't care to share it with. Have you thought that this might actually be dangerous to someone who is hiding their information?! I no longer feel secure using this site and just might quit using it after the next payout. The little amount of money I make here isn't worth compromising my personal safety or my privacy. You have really, really ticked me off. Even more than all the outages and malfunctions over the past couple of years. Even more than deleting discussions and never telling anyone why, letting people maliciously lower a person's ranking, and so many other things.
I had to leave this foray..for work! All the time at work, wondering how I will write my OBITUARY here....as sadly I will have to say good-bye. I don't DO FB or Twitter..nor do I want to! I sure hope some entrepreneur will set up a new site, much like this, with the ease of navigation...for some of us old dogs that don't want to learn new tricks! THIS MAKES ME EXCEEDINGLY SAD mixed with the emotions earlier of being EXCEEDINGLY MAD...over my privacy breach. NOT A GOOD DAY!
@dragon54u (31340)
Pergammano, I'm sad to be leaving, too. But if you can't trust, it's just not a good thing to stay around people, businesses or sites. I never post anywhere to say goodbye, I just leave. And it's a shame, really. I've enjoyed this place and the few dollars a month I've earned. But especially the people!
I'm pretty upset!! I think if the discussion is still there and interactive I will give it a shot. If myLot completely takes away discussion AND changes it into a twitter-facebook mess FORGET THAT!!!!
Hello there admin, you have really gotten us scared for a moment there, can't you believe what would happen if our names were to exposed in public? no offense but we didn't like the idea of our real names being exposed there. we do appreciate the fact your trying to help improve the site, but isn't this site format better already?? just Don't post our real names anymore, we'd appreciate it that much. a lot of good mylotters panic beyond belief. And am one of them
@monkmano (586)
well put, a lot of people post very personal things here! maybe things that could get them in trouble so we post only knowing that we have a username and some degree of privacy, when that is gone people may not post so many things that they do, you know looking for advice and such.
@meumeu25 (917)
• United Arab Emirates
I agree with monkmano, most of us here posts personal stuff in the knowledge that our personal infos are not exposed.
@BarBaraPrz (17542)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
We've been asking to have glitches fixed, not for a revamped look.
@mysdianait (63977)
I TOTALLY agree with that!
Right. Especially not a Twitter look
what's wrong with simple glitch fix? mylot really doesn't have to compete. there's a lot of damn trolls in Facebook and twitter, we don't want that kind of trouble like we did years back this mylot is fine already just fix the glitch
@sconibear (8005)
I think most members like myLot because it's NOT like Twitter or Facebook. If we wanted a site like Twitter, we would just go to Twitter.....I actually have a Twitter account that I never use because I DON'T LIKE TWITTER! Anyhoo, why don't you guys just fix this site that we've all grown to love, instead of cramming a bunch of crap no one wants down our throats?
@mysdianait (63977)
AMEN!!! I have a Twitter account but you certainly can't discuss there and I only use it for certain news updates.
I don't like twitter and facebook, there's a whole bunch more of fake and multiple accounts there. there is even an option that would link mylot to both twitter and facebook. I think it's still safe that mylot should have it's users remain anonymous. we don't like our friends and close families seeing what we wrote about them, don't we?
I had a look at owlings pictures.... it does look like twitter on that page and I may seriously cry now. Is it like twitter inside or does it still have discussion?
@34momma (13918)
hmmmm sounds interesting. I am always about embracing change. As long as it still has the heart and meaning that mylot does. Change is good, but now when it's masked as something else... like Twitter
@ Lamb, so you saw the site, did you? How did it look like? Oh, I am really very excited to see it. By the way I do often log into mylot at various times of the day. However, I didn't get time today to do it, otherwise, I too would have seen the new changes.
@34momma (13918)
If you are co-signing then I am all in!!! Now I am excited
Yes, that was entirely a separate one, I guess. And what's co-signing? Is it any new feature here?
@blackrusty (3532)
• Mexico
thank you for sharing this it did cause a little bit of concern but after your telling us what is going on it will help calm the nerves on many of us and I just wonder will be loosing our right to privicy as we have now
• Mexico
i hear you but i still feel a bit weired about it if I want some one to know my real name they can ask and I will give it now I am hearing that all the private emails was readable i mean hello that is my private email
I am afraid if mylot is insecure..
• Mexico
I am sure that they will work out every thing before it is set to start things happen and I am not sure they knew what had happen till it was to late but they took it down as soon as they heard we could see it
Thanks for letting us know what is going on. I didn't notice anything as I was running around here but that doesn't surprise me. I wouldn't want my name displayed at all, that's for sure.. Thanks for the quadruple's...
@suni51 (1849)
Same for me, I am still not fully aware about developments those took place here while I was away. i would like to know some of the details if possible.
@mariaperalta (19096)
• Mexico
Thanks for the great explanation. And we all appreciate you working hard to make mylot a better place.
Quadruple earnings for two daya...yipppeee..
• Mexico
yes another reason why mylot is my favorite site. GO MYLOT !!!
@plekenut (365)
hola guys.... quadruple time is my most favorite topic, lol... i wish i can make something interesting one...
@akp100 (13202)
Is this mean we will get new mylot!!! I wasn't understand the thing, is little confusing.. But seems exciting. I will keep an eye on this discussion and see what's going on.. Thanks a lot for explanation.
@myLot (127)
• Kansas City, Missouri
Yes, completely new. Rebuilt from the ground up.
@akp100 (13202)
Sounds good.. Thanks for the information. Looking forward for it.. So what is the predicted time of launch...!!?
Oh no, startwearingpurple, how bad is it?! I'm going to be sad now....
Thanks for acceding to my request and may be from some others too. I knew you would. I almost fainted to see our names there. And thanks for the four times earnings for Thursday and Friday!
@mysdianait (63977)
Please read the response above by Owl and you will realise that 'your request' has yet to be dealt with completely.
@mysdianait (63977)
The site is indeed no longer available but all of the details remain in the search results.
That's what I got too.
@MsTickle (25014)
You know some people have no problem showing their real name and having people know who they are and where they are. I can't say I admire those people but I feel something when they reveal their secrets for all to see. I just can't work out what it is I'm feeling. Reading the problems that have occurred her has me on edge. My stomach is clenching on and off and I'm truly feeling fearful. The thing is, I've done a lot to protect my privacy here and online in general. I am feeling sick at this time.
I do feel bad for those who have tried to keep their identities out of public eye on the internet. I haven't been one of them but I know there are some who really do try to do so.
@MsTickle (25014)
It's really nice of you both to commiserate with me. I'm sure heaps do just as I understand the frustration and anger felt by others. It's such an exercise in futility. We break the rules and we are penalised or banned. "They" break the rules and nothing happens. And I'm talking dam privacy. We have laws about that in this country.
There are many countries with very strict privacy, so, I get what you mean for sure.
@crossbones27 (15116)
• Redlands, California
I wondering if people are going to be able to make long post or are they just going to be limited like twitter? Sometime I get long winded, other times I just need to vent, other times I just like to hear myself think lol.
• Redlands, California
Cool, I take it all is forgiven.
• Redlands, California
That's all you can do. Hopefully they will not make this mistake again.
Okay still discussion... that's a relief at least. I am grudgingly going to say "okay FINE I will try it when its released." I wish they wouldn't have changed it though and just fixed what is WRONG here!
@Avijit100 (874)
Well what is meant with quadruple earnings? How do we get that? Do our daily earnings for these 2 days will be multiplied by 4? And when will the new myLot be fully public? Lot of questions but I would really love the answers :)
@myLot (127)
• Kansas City, Missouri
Correct. When earnings post Friday and Saturday mornings (US time), you can expect them to be 4 times higher than normal, given your activity level for these two days.
@owlwings (38171)
• Cambridge, England
That is exactly what it means. Note that the days will be according to MyLot's time, NOT yours. Don't forget that you (in India) are more than 12 hours AHEAD of MyLot!
Thanks a lot for the prompt response admin. I will be making the most of it :) @Owlings The time has just started even though I am 12 hours ahead but the next 48 hours will be counted from now onwards(since the alert was given just now) :)
@salma07 (641)
what is quadruple earning?
@34momma (13918)
That means for the next two days you will earn 4 times more then you will normally earn
@Manasha (1995)
• Chennai, India
Whether this Quadruple Earnings are only for this week ,else we will have it in coming days?
@owlwings (38171)
• Cambridge, England
No, Manasha. It's just for the next two days.
@inu1711 (5288)
I just logged on to perform some searches (I can't get rid of this habit of mine) when I saw the alert. Lucky me! I could have miss all this if it wasn't that myLot alert! Now, about the new face of myLot. I don't know what to say. I got used with the old face and I usually am a conservative person. I hope the new face of myLot won't change the myLot spirit that made us fall in love with this site. When will we be able to see the new myLot?
@Octav1 (1421)
Why would you get rid of that habit? If I remember well, you can get a Mylot reward from time to time.(I can't remember when I got one, though...) I wonder if we will still have this feature when Mylot gets its new face.
@inu1711 (5288)
I couldn't say I got too many rewards lately. Yes, I got one the other day but, like you said, I can hardly remember when I got the previous one. Still I come back again and again, even if I don't have time to post anything, but I use myLot as a search engine. I hope we will still have the old features myLot has right now. Rewards, referrals and so on. I really hope I'll find them in the new myLot.
wow, I was just thinking how to pass this sleepless night. B'cos my mom is having pain in her leg and can not walk properly. Someone will be required to assist her in night, particularly when she need to go for toilet. Anyhow I had thought not to sleep tonight. But this offer of mylot is definitely a catalyst for me, not to be bored at least. I guess tonight i can make a record of responding to other's posts. Thnx to mylot.
I am absolutely a big zero, as far as mylot things are concerned, only knows tht i need 4 pockets now. lol n yes, thnx for reminding me regarding my mom, but she is sleeping now, i guess all ok.
• Calgary, Alberta
Oh please I hope that when the new site is launched, real name displaying wont be default, that is the last thing I wanted. I shared secrets here I will never tell to my family, I bashed my boss and coemployees. I will be in a lot of trouble if my real name will be displayed. I know its an option but please dont make it default. I dont want people to know my name. I have facebook and twitter for that.
@inu1711 (5288)
MyLot admin said displaying the real name won't be default. If we want to show it, we will be able to show it. If not, we will have only the nickname.
@robspeakman (1707)
This actually stinks... Nothing further to say
@MsTickle (25014)
For once I am in complete agreement with you.