Spam messages....

***EDIT*** The message filter settings are apparently not working at the moment. I have made sure the bug has been passed on and is on the fix list. ****************************************************************************** I have heard several people complaining about spammy messages lately and I can't blame them. It could become annoying on an epic scale. There is however a simple solution that should stop most of this problem. In your settings, under the account tab, you will see list of options for message settings that look like this: [b] Message preference Anyone can message me, except for those I've blocked Only those I follow can message me No one can message me [/b] Changing this setting to "Only those I follow can message me" will stop most of this problem. I would still request that anyone who is receiving such messages, please let me know and I will take care of the problem, but this should alleviate most of the headache -Edit: Apparently this didn't post with the format I expected, but you get the idea.
@mysdianait (64148)
Right I just got one. I believe that blocking the user on my list will stop them from sending them to me but, as I care fo my fellow online buddies - especially the young ones, I feel that is inappropriate. There must be away to STOP users sending messages unless we allow them to in the first place. I am able, probably due to age and past experiences, read between the lines but not all users have this ability. Someone should be able to see the content of the PM that I received. May I post it here (excluding personal details obviously)?
@mysdianait I assume it is the same one I and several other members have received, but if you like you can send it to me in a message. Are you saying you would like a filter of some sort on each of those you are following so you can choose which of those you are following may message you?
@mysdianait (64148)
@GoAskAlice No. I am saying that no-one should be able to send a PM unless it is ME that is following them. I have no idea who this user is and they are violating my privacy. I would like it so that only those that I accept can open my back door without knocking.
@mysdianait You can set your message filtering to do exactly that.
@PhredWreck (6051)
Yeah, I've had problem to the bold thing a few times myself.
Not sure what went wrong with that either, but I meant the way I posted the settings, it should have looked like a list rather than a paragraph.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
@PhredWreck I love you, send me money.....