Returning back to work after vacations..

@besweet (7227)
Greece
I came back to work this week after a two week period of vacations and I find it hard to adapt. I had a wonderful time with my friends and family and I didn't think about work at all during this time. Now I am back and I am the one who has to cover the work and catch up. My boss is giving me more responsibilities every day and I am still thinking about my vacations. I think thay my mind is still on the beach and I can't come back to reality. Does this happen you as well? Do you find it hard to get in the strict working schedule after summer vacations?
@kaka135 (14068)
It happens to me as well. It's hard not only returning to work, but also returning to the normal daily routine. As a work from home mum, I do not need to go out and work, but whenever I go for a few day vacation or go back to home town, it takes me some time to adjust back to the normal daily routine, especially handling the young children. That's why sometimes I prefer to stay at home and enjoy the peace, though I like to have vacation too. Hope you'll get to adapt to the working life very soon.
@cahaya1983 (10039)
That has to be the greatest reward for moms who work from home. You get to be there for the kids although it poses a different challenge - allocating time for work, time for yourself AND time for the kids. Yay to work-at-home-moms!
@kaka135 (14068)
@cahaya1983 Thanks. Yes, it's different challenge, but I am very willing to face the challenge as long as I can be with my children. This is the path I chose, and I think I am learning a lot along the way. It's really a reward if I can find some me-time.
@cahaya1983 (10039)
@kaka135 Same here! No pain, no gain, they say...but for me the gain is way more than the pain
It's always hard to get back to work, even after a few days vacation.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
That's true. Sometimes I go for weekend trips and it feels like I was away for a week! But I find it easier to adapt after short trips. I usually come back refreshed and happy!
@besweet How are things going in Greece? I am Italian but I live in Switzerland. Italy has plenty of problems, more or less like Greece.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
@LadyDuck It doesn't look good at the moment, we have elections again and the political system is unstable. Greek economy is a drama as well! I am an engineer and there is zero construction at the moment so I am considering of moving abroad. I love Italy, I've been to a few cities and people are very kind and interesting! Did you move to Switzerland for work?
@cahaya1983 (10039)
It happened to me a lot of times, hehe. I'm self employed now so it's not as bad as before, but when I used to work as a full-time employee I used to drag my feet to work after long vacations :)
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
Even waking up in the morning is still hard. But I needed to relax for a few days and recharge with energy. I used to be self employed and it was better, but then I couldn't easily seperate my personal time from work in my daily life. How do you manage that?
@cahaya1983 (10039)
@besweet I don't blame you, it can be quite tricky, to be honest. It takes a lot of discipline too. I don't really have a set schedule but I make sure that by this or that time of the day (say, by 10 a.m or 12 noon for instance) I have to get a certain amount of work done so I won't feel too guilty indulging myself in other activities outside work. :)
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
@cahaya1983 Having a plan is always helpful. I admire people who have the discipline and strength to do it!
I wish I were able to go a nice place with sand and water for a vacation. I did not go any where for the most part this summer.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
One week of vacations is necessary for everyone, we can't work full time all year and skip vacations in the summer. I hope you had the chance to find some time for yourself and relax. I like the beach because it is therapeutic for me. It can make me forget all of my problems instantly.
@sofssu (14448)
It used to happen to me all the time when I had a full time job. It took me days to settle back in.
@besweet (7227)
• Greece
Maybe we are relaxing so much that it's hard to come back to reality. On the other hand, this might be a good thing. It means that vacations were really refreshing, that's why adjustment is taking so long.