Society norms that you do not want to follow

There are society norms everywhere Many follow them but some revolt and have their own rules. Have you gone off the beaten track at the cost of obeing ostracised. Do share.
Law abiding yes. But at work I can bend a rule once in a while. I speak up and get in trouble most of the time of course.
Its hard for those who bend a rule as they do get in trouble. One needs perseverance to stick to their principles.
@valmnz (12623)
• New Zealand
I'm probably one of the most conservative and law abiding souls you're ever likely to come across!
As long as it is smooth sailing for you, then I could say you are one of the fortunate ones.
@Rollo1 (16691)
• Boston, Massachusetts
I don't think I am violating any of society's norms. I prefer to think of it as society violating my norms.
I say that too. I go one step further and say. Who is society to set norms. Did it take my permission or consult me?
@Inlemay (17333)
• South Africa
I dont follow and I dont care for a following - If someone is ostracizing me, then I only have myself to blame for standing still long enough to have it done to me.
How do you handle being ostracised?
@Inlemay (17333)
• South Africa
@allknowing walk away - Hold your head up high and change lanes
@Inlemay Even if you are depending on those who are not happy when you go off the beaten track?
@ria1606roy (2644)
• Kolkata, India
I haven't found a rule yet to flout, but if something doesn't strike right, I won't do that ever! I would like to be rebellious that day! @allknowing have you done anything against the rules?
Yes. I have. I am not religious but spiritual.
• Kolkata, India
@allknowing hmm. Being spiritual is the key to living a healthy life. That is the main way to stay really happy and satisfied.
@ria1606roy If that were the case why do we see so many churches, temples and mosques We do not need these to be spiritually oriented.
@joylol (150)
• Austin, Texas
I don't follow society norms because they are ANNNOYYYING!!! For example, if a person had low self-esteem, disability, or mental illness some people limit their social interaction with them due to them not fulfilling the so-called standards of "normality." First off, a person's low self-esteem is awesome cause it's low like a pool. Just like how you would still get in a pool with low water level to cool off, low self-esteem people are still useful and a person's sensitivity is cool cause they are not afraid to show their big heart! It's low not burnt-out! Second off, disability. The word means "DON'T DISS MY ABILITY!" Third off, mental illness? Yeah, unique mentality to this carbon copy of normality. (Lol. Get it. Cause normality rhymes with mentality.) There are a lot of society norms I've heard and there's not one I like. Here's a list of the one's I've heard: 1. If your skinny, your anorexic 2. If you thick, your obese 3. If you quiet, your rude 4. If your friendly, your fake 5. If your sad, your attention seeking 6. If your angry, your gonna kill someone and are gonna be inconsiderate. People should recognize that you only know their names not their story and just because you can't relate to it doesn't mean you can't try to relate to it. Society norms are stupid. I'll follow my own personality norms. ^_^
I loved reading this post. I always tell people that even the mediocre have a right to be happy and so be it. Also who is society anyway to form rules. They did not consult me or you. Right?
In this modern world it is impossible to have our own rules. We have to follow the rules and the laws, we can agree or not, but never go against.
I can say that about me. I am not religious but spiritual.