Sprouts are good for health

Sprouts for your daily health
Hyderabad, India
sprouts are also called as germinating seeds, they are good for health, all the pulses and cereals can be sprouted I daily take a cup of sprouts for good health, i recommend you too
I have heard these are easy to grow yourself, but never tried.
• Hyderabad, India
yes you are correct
@khaja6 so what do you use to start them, beans?
• Hyderabad, India
@Jessicalynnt I use Moong bean seed, its germinating time is very less, and tastes good
@Pattitude (1298)
• Newton, North Carolina
And they are so easy to grow, and such a variety. They are a better source of enzymes than most veggies. And you can put them in salads and other foods for maximum benefit. I have grown bean sprouts, and broccoli sprouts. They are great!
@srisahara (4147)
Yes, I like eating sprouts, it is so fresh. But I never eating sprouts directly when I was pregnant, cos it can contain bacteria that dangerous for my baby in my womb.
Sprouts are delicious in salads and stirfry.
• Ghaziabad, India
That's true every 100 gm of sprouts contains 8% of protein and various amount of vitamins and minerals. It is a good way to take protein specially for those who like pumping their muscles in the gym
Good advice just remember if the blood type you carry is not compatible with the lectins (enzymes and proteins in the food source) of sprouts, a plant, it may be more problematic then beneficial . . .
• Hyderabad, India
yes, if your intolerant to lectins
Lectins are one of several plant proteins which stimulate the lymphocytes and for some those are not easily digested have a great day @khaja6
Never tried those, somehow it turns me off.
• Hyderabad, India
You can try at home . its easy
• Pune, India
@khaja6, Sprouts are not just good, They are best food to keep ourselves healthy. One should have a cup of sprouts as part of their breakfast on daily basis. Many obesse people feel that skipping breakfast/meal/dinner will loose their weight. It is very important to provide necessary nutrients to the body all the time. So, Sprouts are best food for obesse people. They can keep themselves healthy and loose weight slowly .